This position requires an intelligent, curious, self-starter who is excited by the prospect of managing the challenges that come with a quickly growing company and isn’t afraid to roll up his/her sleeves and tackle projects both big and small.
Day to day you’ll manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects, ushering them through their entire lifecycle - determining needs, setting & managing schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to keep all the players coordinated and on deadline. You’re comfortable wearing many hats, are resourceful and a problem-solver, and can always keep things moving forward, even when hurdles are thrown your way.
This role will report to the Director, Business Operations and be based in NYC. There may be occasional travel depending on individual projects.
- Analyze & define needs for any project or program by moving from ambiguous to structured: gather info, analyze, and create the structure needed to make informed decisions & move projects forward.
- Assess project complexities, examine complex scenarios, identify the root causes, and clearly define business problems.
- Lead large, complex projects and programs to deliver sustainable results by leading and managing requirement gathering, scoping, structuring and sizing.
- Monitor project/program milestones to ensure overall program health and make certain that any and all required actions are being taken to mitigate risks or address issues.
- Anticipate tasks and responsibilities that need to be handled ahead of time without being prompted.
- Develop, maintain and communicate overall roadmaps, timelines and schedules.
- Articulate both the business and technical aspects of a project with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Effectively communicate program objectives, direction, status, and approach to all stakeholders across departments and experience levels.
- Clearly communicate progress, health, and risks to help identify issues early and resolve them.
- Act as primary point of contact throughout all development phases of projects.
- Work with the Director to develop, test and iterate various business processes across divisions.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Facilitate transfer of information and best practices across departments and organizations.
Background & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of business operations or project management experience managing complex and varied types of projects or programs.
- Highly adaptable, organized, and extremely detail oriented – you are someone who doesn’t let things slip through the cracks.
- Solid knowledge of a wide range of functional areas – you can discuss everything from social strategy & marketing, to revenue strategy, distribution and analytics without missing a beat.
- Strong sense of ownership of process and results
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems, multi-task, and prioritize accordingly
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, writing, and verbal skills
- Flexibility to pivot your workday as needed while maintaining a level head and a positive attitude
- Highly computer-literate with practical experience utilizing various project & software development management tools such as Jira, Asana, Trello, etc.
- Some Agile knowledge & experience preferred
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Proven analytical skills and a strong working knowledge of Excel
- A sense of humor and ability to keep a level head when things go awry are imperative.
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look operates as both a studio and digital media company. As a studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens and platforms including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts. As a media company, we are finding new ways to connect compelling independent creators with passionate audiences through our own properties and on media platforms of our partners.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Informing a large, diverse audience is a core principal of our work, so we’re committed to building a team that reflects that diversity.