Manager, Channel Partner Sales
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, the Channel Partner Sales Manager is responsible for winning, maintaining, and expanding relationships with channel, reseller, distribution and systems integrator / consulting partners, and is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives.
This role requires a unique blend of skills: one part hunter, one part cultivator, and one part prospector. Responsibilities include carrying a number: a sales quota that can be achieved through a blend of Direct / Indirect / Influenced revenue. Success requires working closely with marketing to drive joint demand-generation, and with Customer Success colleagues in the field to accelerate opportunities through partners.
Operating at a strategic level, the candidate will help design and create new programs and incentives to grow Issuu’s ecosystem for new customer acquisition, and expand the universe of end Issuu users by accessing new customer bases via partners. Key attributes that will lead to success are: creativity, tenacious drive, ability to survive in, and be energized by a dynamic environment, and navigate through ambiguity.
What You Will Be Doing
- Revenue generation: Our Channel strategy includes several go-to-market channel partner models to achieve our revenue goals:
- Distribution partners: centralized buyer that purchases in bulk directly from Issuu, for distribution to its constituents / network / customers
- Value Added Reseller (VAR): Enables channel reseller partners to sell Issuu products / white-labeled version of Issuu / integrated Issuu products directly to its prospects and customers
- Referral partners: partners source qualified opportunities, then Channel Sales Partner Manager works alongside Issuu Customer Success and partner sales teams in a joint sales motion directly with end customer
- New Partner acquisition: identification, sales, enablement, and development:
- Develop landscape of new potential partner opportunities
- Qualify and recruits target partners
- Build relationships with key people in partner businesses
- Proactive partner relationship management, including understanding partner goals and priorities to build mutually successful relationship
- Run periodic partner business reviews and planning sessions that sets mutual performance objectives, sales targets and roadmap to achieve mutual goals
- Work with Issuu Marketing and partners’ marketing teams to develop training materials, and creates presentations for partners’ internal and external use.
- Work with Issuu Customer Success to lead solution development efforts that best address end-user needs
- Coordinate involvement of other company and partner teams, including direct sales, marketing, customer success, services and product
- Provide regular governance, reporting, and management of all partner revenue, forecasts and relationship status
What You Bring With You
- BS/BA degree (or higher degree)
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in SaaS, ideally including a mix of the following: indirect / channel sales, relationship management, direct sales, business development, partnerships. The more track record of measurable results, the better.
- You’re excited and energized by white space - passionate about designing and creating solutions to business challenges, and then executing on those plans.
- You have a solid understanding of how SaaS revenue and business models work, coupled with a curiosity about what lies outside of that understanding, and passion to learn.
- You’re confident and intuitive enough to make hard calls based on gut feel, and methodical enough to make data-driven decisions.
- This is a sales / relationship / customer-facing role, so you’ll be excellent at and enjoy interacting with both technical and business managers, both within and outside of Issuu, and doing so with courtesy and aplomb.
The Impact You Will Have
- We view channel partnerships as a force-multiplier for our revenue growth. In establishing and growing a rich ecosystem of partners, you will directly impact Issuu’s achievement of our revenue goals.
- Leveraging channel relationships, you will get Issuu’s products into users' hands that we might not otherwise be able to access, helping build Issuu’s visibility and user reach.
- Acting as our brand ambassador to the ecosystem of adjacent companies, you will help cement Issuu as a leader in both technology and in the solution sets of our partners, and our customers.
What You'll Get
- Competitive compensation package
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company
- Health and dental insurance
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to company-wide holidays
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen and Berlin, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.