About the Company: WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life’s work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork leverages its vast experience, market penetration, and economies of scale to deliver exceptional custom designed spaces of various scale and services for clients as per their business requirement.
About the Role:
The Client Solutions team is responsible for custom designed spaces and Managed office deals, solving complex problems for our customers - setting up projects for success by ensuring what we sell is what we can deliver. Client Solutions is the bridge between our Sales function and our Product function and is at the front-line of technical customer interactions throughout the sales process.
The ideal candidate may be a seasoned Project Management Professional with a preferred background in architecture, engineering, or construction industries and well versed in industry best practices, yet also looking to improve on the inefficiencies that plague the industry. In addition, the candidate must enjoy interfacing with customers and understand the art of technical selling: driving urgency, consultative sales ultimately closing business with a proven ability to effectively juggle competing priorities. This individual should have good knowledge of building design, Interior fit-out design, construction and technology implementation. The position requires a proven track record of positive team growth, an understanding of our brand at its deepest level, and an aptitude for positive and clear communication within your team. Additionally, the role requires respect for and discretion with sensitive information. Candidates must thrive at interfacing with internal stakeholders in a complex matrixed organization to develop creative solutions to customer requirements.
- Be a key client-facing member of the Client Solutions Team, working closely with our Sales and Product teams.
- Manage multiple projects of various scales at a time and prioritize workload within the group to ensure that project timelines are met
- Substantial involvement during the sales process managing due diligence, support in developing feasible layouts, understand lease terms, optimise estimates and initial budgets, support in preliminary schedule planning, and secure necessary approvals
- Generate and continuously maintain reporting data for respective projects, reporting to upper management as necessary
- Work across the department to implement and roll out new initiatives and meeting targets.
- Effectively document and convey these custom requirements and design solutions to the broader design and construction team, to ensure proper execution.
- Set up projects for success by liaising with the Development teams to ensure constructability, schedule and budget alignment.
- Be forward thinking - work with our design-build and subcontractor partners to vet potential projects well before the development of complete Construction Drawing sets.
- Have site walk-throughs with potential members to give insights to our standard offerings and possible solutioning.
- Provide strong leadership, mentorship, vision and direction.
- Work hand-in-hand with our Sales team to support the development of the Enterprise strategy and grow Enterprise membership of Fortune 1000 companies, while continuing to support the WeWork brand and community.
- Ensure operational excellence in the day-to-day management of the business including forecasting, pipeline development, training, hiring, performance management and team collaboration.
- Develop and implement best practices to maximize pipeline creation, conversion rates, forecasting accuracy, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Work with various internal teams to drive Enterprise member satisfaction to ensure opportunities for additional business growth.
- Assist and close complex, multi-million dollar transactions, including the ability to cross-negotiate with our customers and our contractor-partners.
- Prioritise work at hand and offer timely inputs and solutions for custom projects.
- Understand target companies’ business needs, develop proposals and accurately articulate WeWork’s value proposition at the executive level.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the WeWork offerings while staying current in understanding the competitive landscape and industry trends.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, project management, building management, Architecture
- 8+ years of AEC experience, including project management / design management experience of at least 3 years in corporate interior fit-out works, high-end retail, hospitality, or similar projects, as well as substantial collaboration with design and procurement teams
- Minimum 5 years managing client relationships including participation in client meetings throughout the design and construction process, especially relating to corporate fitout space, IT, AV, Security and MEP services
- Experience working with enterprise (e.g. Fortune 500) companies preferred
- Understanding of project budgeting and scheduling and the ability to communicate and work closely with clients and external consultants/contractors during the selling phase to ensure proper delivery.
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a “can do” attitude, but open to feedback and a strong desire to learn
- Excellent time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills and a highly resourceful problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to continuously increase effectiveness of team, recognizing opportunities for creating new systems, structures, and processes
- Proven track record working in a high-growth, fast paced environment
- Strong executive presence - experience and comfort level working with C-level and executives
- Be a Positive Influencer - Become a positive influence within your region and beyond by always carrying yourself in a professional manner. Be optimistic and help others do so as well.