At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners.
Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
About the role:
The Manager, Compensation & Performance is responsible for managing the compensation, performance and employee development management functions, and reports to the Chief People Officer. This is an opportunity to work alongside individuals who are driven by excellence and a passion for Ginger’s mission. The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional communication skills, pixel perfect attention to detail and a passion for creating equitable, inclusive and human-centered programs. This function plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation and performance programs and procedures, and collaborates with functional leaders to ensure equitable pay and access to growth opportunities for our people.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Compensation analysis and administration, including conducting job evaluations, approving and classifying job descriptions, completing and analyzing salary surveys, updating salary structures, and providing research and recommendations to improve policies and procedures.
- Performance Management: Experience building a performance management process. Provides guidance to managers regarding performance management and coordinates the quarterly performance evaluation process for the company; Provides analysis and recommendations to update performance management process and forms.
- Annual benchmark review process, including internal audits to ensure competitive and equitable pay practices
- Support managers in the succession planning process, experience with the 9-box grid or similar tool required
- Facilitate management training and other HR sponsored training sessions on equitable compensation and performance best practices.
- Administers the Learning Management System, including consulting with people managers, assigning new users, organizing content, assigning courses, running reports, and following up with staff on course completions.
- Create, administers, and analyzes results of employee feedback surveys as needed and as it relates to compensation, learning and performance
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and implement workflow and automation as needed
- Participate in other special HR projects and other assignments as needed.
- Minimum of five to ten years of experience in compensation management
- Bachelor’s degree or additional four years of related experience.
- Proficiency in HRIS reporting and management (UltiPro a plus)
- Experience in a variety of generalist functions, with a focus on the following areas: compensation benchmarking, performance management and learning and development
- Experience developing and managing a performance process (experience working within Culture Amp a plus)
- Experience in performing compensation analysis and administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Solid consulting skills to consult with managers regarding comp and performance questions
- Ability to be a strategic business partner to managers, and support managers in the succession planning process
- Excellent presentation and training skills.
- Ability to lead and own projects with minimal supervision.
- Proficient G-Suite skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and expertise in using excel to conduct compensation analyses
- Solid understanding of business and operational processes.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices, and the ability to interpret and apply and them consistently.
- CCP - Certified Compensation Professional
- Nice to have: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP/SCP)