Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
In order to lead the global transition to a plant-based food system, Impossible must make its products less expensive than their animal-based analogs. The Manager for Cost Optimization Strategy will be responsible for driving Impossible’s efforts to reach price parity with animal-based meat by working cross-functionally to optimize our cost structure. You will coordinate resources across finance, product management, strategic partnerships, manufacturing and engineering, and negotiate with external stakeholders in order to lead and achieve Impossible’s strategic COGS reduction roadmap. You will report directly to the Head of Sourcing.
- Develop and execute global product cost reduction strategies aligned to broader company objectives, including identifying process improvement programs for increased efficiencies and effectiveness
- Focus DFx and LEAN initiatives collaboratively across the organization including Product, Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality
- Establish KPIs and oversight for cost reduction efforts; create tools and management cadence to track and measure performance
- Utilize cost modeling tools along with market conditions to help estimate should be costs and help assess trade offs in analysis and decision making
- Drive cost optimization opportunities in effort to drive down total cost while delivering the desired products goals
- Drive total Supply Chain cost collaboration across internal teams such as Demand-Supply, manufacturing and logistics
- Manage reporting of product level cost views from initial concept phases throughout the product life cycle
- Ideal candidates will have 7-10 years of demonstrated ability leading the end-to-end cost reduction process
- Capable to analyze the market, track supplier and competitive trends
- Technical depth and; credibility to interact effectively with R&D leaders;
- Deep understanding of cost drivers and cost models; analytical ability to connect this to favorable financial terms
- Comfortable in rolling up one’s sleeves and leading by example whether digging into the data or participating in a supplier engagement
- Comfortable operating in a growth oriented environment maintaining a high sense of urgency and performance management
- Global experience and an understanding of the nuances and differences among business cultures
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.