Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with millions of memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Originals content is core to our ongoing global success, and to support this global expansion we are quickly growing our slate of international originals. These originals are produced in local language, using local production companies and talent. We believe that creating local original content will help us delight and win over local audiences while also building a love for Netflix around the world.
We are looking for an experienced creative marketer to join the team responsible for the strategic and creative development of our EMEA international originals marketing campaigns (especially for our DACH productions). This team is based in our brand new Berlin office e, but you will be a part of the l creative marketing team that sits in Amsterdam. Because this role requires close interaction and collaboration with various cross-functional teams in Los Angeles, Los Gatos, London and Amsterdam, frequent international travel is a must.
What will you do?
- Develop our International Originals shows into strong title brands.
- Play a key role in building strategic and creative marketing campaigns for the international launch of German original films and series. This includes the development of creative campaign strategies, management and production of required marketing shoots. Oversee the creative execution and production process with our partner agencies and bring your ideas to life via paid and programmatic media executions and across earned and owned social media channels.
- Build relationships and establish trusted partnerships with showrunners and talent.
- Partner closely with your cross-functional partners in EMEA regional Publicity, marketing, Content, Product and Editorial teams to develop authentic campaigns that are built on regional insights and connect with audiences on a local but also global level.
- Advice our talent on how to build a strong social media presence
- Write creative briefs to guide the global creative process wand align internal marketing teams on goals and overall strategies.
- Project management of campaign and management of workflows with internal and external stakeholders (internal marketing teams, filmmakers and talent and creative agencies).
- Facilitate cross-functional initiatives including (but not limited to) leading, organizing, mobilizing and planning internal task force meetings and brainstorm sessions and external filmmaker kickoffs/presentations.
- Collaborate with our world-class product creative team to integrate our originals marketing campaigns ideas within the member product experience.
Who are you?
- You have a proven track record of building impactful, world-class 360 creative campaigns that connect with audiences and break through the cultural zeitgeist.
- You love international TV and film content and have deep knowledge of the entertainment landscape and media trends both in Europe and globally.
- You are outside of the box thinker, rather than following existing frameworks and methodologies you keep pushing the envelope and approach things differently always in focus what is best for the business.
- You are on the pulse of culture and always in the know of the latest trends and where to be’s.
- You are a natural team leader with an ability to build strategic foundations, conceptualize campaign approaches and articulate creative ideas that people rally around.
- You are passionate and curious about all aspects of marketing, and strive to create effective visual storytelling across all platforms (mobile, paid and organic social, broadcast, out-of-home and all other mediums/platforms.)
- You are interested in the latest technical digital developments that could open new creative doors to market our shows.
- You can work independently but value the importance of teamwork and solid communications
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager to flourish in our unique company culture (see Who We Are).
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory, other language skills are an advantage.
- 10+ years of experience in building strategic insight-led and creative 360 consumer marketing campaigns, preferably with a background in entertainment (TV, film, gaming), global lifestyle brand or renowned creative agency.
- International experience with significant time spent living and working in Europe.
- A history of team leadership and cross-functional collaboration with both internal and external partners.
- Native understanding of traditional (broadcast, OOH etc.), social and digital advertising (direct video, mobile, paid social, programmatic, display, rich media, VOD) with a strong grasp of analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
- Availability to travel internationally (Los Angeles, Los Gatos and within Europe).