To continue our solid growth, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Manager, Field Service Eastern North America to join our growing organization. This position will be part of our Field Service team. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibilities for Field Service Engineers in the eastern portion of North America and work with the Engineering, Operations, and Commercial teams to prepare product and upgrades for transfer to the field. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Field Service. Primary responsibilities for the successful candidate will be: to effectively coordinate the dispatch of Service Engineers in Eastern North America; interact with engineers on a daily basis answering technical questions and coordinating the response to customer inquiries; provide support for Technical Support when assistance is required; maintain and create service manuals and technical field instructions; and management of service part inventory.
*This position is through 7/31/21*
- Manage Eastern North American Field Service budget to plan. Audit Service revenue in NA for accuracy and provide insights on how to continue to grow the service business
- Ensure that customers in region are delighted with service response and quality of service work performed
- To maintain contractual response times at customer sites. Coordinate Eastern North America Field Service team members in order to ensure timely and thorough customer response
- Provide real-time and follow-up support (software, technical, operational, electro-mechanical and logistical) to our customers, both internal and external
- Partner with appropriate internal experts (manufacturing, engineering, R&D, sales, etc.) to author a plan of action to resolve customer issues quickly and effectively
- Provide content and review of Simoa U training program modules for Service personnel. Ensure that employees receive necessary corporate and technical training from corporate offices and coordinate field “co-travel” training with experienced FSE’s. Oversee certification program for all Service personnel.
- Document internal processes and suggest improvements to current processes on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor disposition of service tickets and cases for service personnel. Provide regular updates on key customer satisfaction metrics.
- Provide feedback from field in discussions with service parts buyer/planner and Manager of Technical Support to review safety stocking levels and on-time service part delivery levels. Regularly review BOM’s and procedures for cost and time savings in the field.
- Regularly review content and author Technical Service Bulletins, field service manuals and service part kit instructions.
- Coordinate with Engineering team to review system upgrades, new tools, and new product development. Provide feedback regarding functionality these items prior to release to the field to insure smooth transition from internal testing to FSE team at customer sites
- Requires minimum of an AS degree or equivalent experience in the area of Electro-mechanical systems or prior military experience in this technical arena. BS in Engineering or Software Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of successful experience in a Technical or Field Service role. Previous management or team lead experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate issues clearly within entire organization and solve problems independently.
- Ability to be persuasive while maintaining business relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to meet deadlines is required.
- Provide calm, effective leadership to Field Service Team, solving immediate issues while instituting and modifying processes to prevent them in the future
- Provide customers with prompt, courteous, and effective service and support at all times
- Be a mentor to Field Service and Technical Support team members
- Be an effective communicator – with stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively work with other departments within Quanterix to accomplish all assigned tasks
- Drive the appropriate resources to timely resolutions
- Be comfortable managing several deliverables at the same time, prioritizing and re-prioritizing as needed
- Ability to lift assemblies 20-50lbs
- Ability to work in tight constricted areas
- Domestic and international travel up to 40% is required