Entrepreneur First was founded in 2011 by Alice Bentinck and Matt Clifford with the aim of enabling the world’s most ambitious people to build the most important companies, and that is still true today. We are the world’s leading talent investor - we invest time and money in outstanding individuals, helping them find a co-founder, develop an idea, and start a technology company from scratch. Across our programmes in Europe and Asia, to date we have helped over 2000 individuals build more than 230 companies, with a total valuation of $1.5 billion. EF’s companies have been funded by many of the leading venture investors in Europe, Asia and Silicon Valley. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony Technology which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
EF now faces the biggest and most exciting challenge in its history: scaling to become a globally important institution. To be accessible and attractive to the world’s most ambitious people, we have launched EF in Bangalore, already with our the third cohort well underway. Our Talent Manager will be part of the India management team; creating EF culture, and work across the spectrum of functions at the company.
There are two main aspects to this role of Manager - Founder Talent and Partnerships:
1. Founder Identification and Acquisition
High potential founders are our number one operating priority and as Talent Manager, you will deliver the EF process of helping build startups from scratch by identifying and sourcing top talent for the EF programme in Bangalore. You have to make sure that the world’s best potential founders want to join EF.
Your team’s primary responsibility is to design, drive and manage EF’s Founder Talent strategy in Bangalore going forward. You need to:
* Define what good founders look like
* Find ways to identify them and build bridges to connect with them
* Sell the value proposition to them and convince them to choose EF as their path to entrepreneurship
* Shape processes to ensure we move smoothly to convert interest into applications and interviews to offers
* Collaborate with the APAC team in Singapore to constantly iterate the process and build an efficient system.
Building EF as a formidable brand in India. You'll contribute to us being thought leaders in the space of early stage tech entrepreneurship:
* Own brand building activities in India, partnering with marketing teams in London and Singapore
* Design and promote content that establishes EF as a thought leader in the startup ecosystem.
* Develop our network with startup bodies, tech forums, educational institutions etc`
* Developing on-the-ground marketing strategy for EF in India - events, campaigns etc
* Strengthen ties with our existing partners and build new ones
* You have a highly credible background with 6-8 years of experience in managing a high volume sales funnel
* You’re comfortable in high pressure, target-driven environments
* You’ve had exposure to running a team, mentoring people and know what it takes to build a high performance organisation.
* You have strong communication and presentation skills, plus excellent organisational ability / process excellence
* You're comfortable working in cross geography and functional teams with multiple stakeholders.
* The ability to manage and build peer-like relationships with stakeholders at the highest level, including academics and university staff, senior professionals, government officials etc
You will also get to: Surround yourself with the world’s smartest and most exceptional individuals and have the opportunity to work in an institution that is changing the way the most ambitious people think about their careers. You’ll supercharge your learning, working alongside a talented, ambitious, and committed team, plus the best founders and investors in the region.
You'll receive a competitive salary and be eligible for a share of the fund’s “carry” - any profit the fund returns
Details: You will report to Esha Tiwary - General Manager, EF India
Location and Start Date: You’ll be based at our Bangalore office in HSR Layout and would start as soon as possible (Oct 2020).
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual preference, age, disability, or marital status.