At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is searching for an experienced technical leader to manage a global team of rockstar Customer Success Engineers (CSEs). Our CSEs team serves as proactive and deeply technical guides to our customers as they adopt Confluent’s Stream Data Platform. Many of these customers use Confluent’s products for strategic and mission critical use cases and your goal will be to help your team apply deep technical expertise to reduce time to value during Onboarding, and to help them achieve their business objectives and get full value from Confluent’s suite of products. In this role you will focus on driving post-sales customer value and project success while supporting business goals for renewal, expansion and strategic growth.
A typical week at Confluent in this role may involve
- Managing Customer Success Engineers, and acting as a mentor and coach to help them grow in their careers
- Support ongoing growth and development of the CSE team by owning staffing and hiring
- Acting as a point of escalation for customers, and coming up with creative solutions to leverage cross-functional resources to accelerate
- Onboarding and remove roadblocks to customer value
- Maturing a robust technical onboarding program aimed at decreasing the “time to value” for new Confluent customers
- Developing and improving our customer service offerings and engagement playbooks that align to our understanding of the customer journey
- Implementing tracking and reporting to ensure high quality delivery by CSE team resources Investing in a culture of cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Identify product and technology gaps with customers and present a point of view to product and leadership teams
Required skills and experience:
- Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
- Smart, humble and empatheticHard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can presentInquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.