The Manager, Global Engagement and Email will lead the strategy and execution of lifecycle and product email marketing for Under Armour Connected Fitness (UACF) to build engagement, retention and conversion across the MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and Record communities. He/She will work closely with Marketing, Product, Creative, and Content teams and individuals, including other email specialists.
To be successful in this role, an individual will have solid email marketing experience, strong creative and analytical skills, the ability to successfully collaborate and build consensus with diverse stakeholders and teams, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What will you do?
- Lead the creation and optimization of lifecycle emails for the MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and Record apps to drive engagement, retention, and conversion.
- Manage the end-to-end creation of ad-hoc marketing emails to support new features, app releases, and special initiatives.
- Work closely with stakeholders across Product, Marketing, and Sales to define prioritization, messaging, and segmentation.
- Define and execute tests to optimize emails, including tests on segmentation, personalization, creative and messaging, timing, etc.
- Manage the creative development of emails and templates, including collecting inputs and feedback from stakeholders, writing creative briefs, and collaborating with designers.
- Build, schedule and deploy ad-hoc emails within the ESP, including: inputting images, copy, and links; performing quality assurance, setting segmentation.
- Track, analyze, and report on email performance, identifying areas for optimization and growth.
What do you need?
GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility for achieving team requirements, tasks, and objectives, even if other resources are required. Goes the extra mile to get the work done and meet commitments made to others.
FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Seeks to improve upon the status quo by proactively creating new, unique solutions to make UA better. Asks challenging, open-ended questions to inspire innovative thinking in other Teammates.
WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Demonstrates reliability, working openly with cross-functional Teammates. Takes the lead, whether in an individual contributor or manager role. Builds working relationships with others, seeking out and encouraging the exchange of constructive feedback.
THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences when conducting business and interacting with others globally. Adapts behavior to the local culture to demonstrate respect and gain trust.
MAP THE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team's vision for the future. Asks questions to confirm how team priorities support UA's overall vision.
BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Seeks opportunities to develop self and other Teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance, tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Motivates Teammates by sharing team objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY & ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- Bachelor's Degree or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in a marketing, sales, advertising and/or communications function.
- 5+ years’ experience in an enterprise-wide email marketing role
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience building email campaign/program automations
- Previous experience with a top-tier email service providers such as ExactTarget, Silverpop, Responsys, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and SQL
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, and email QA tools such as Litmus or Email on Acid
- Experience with setting up complex email tests
- Good understanding of quantitative data analysis and statistics
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Excel and capable of manipulating data sets
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills
- Must be flexible and able to handle changes in priorities
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and techniques
- Experience with reporting tools
- Excellent communication skills via face to face and electronic formats
- Ability to partner with different teams and departments within the organization
- Strong in analysis and measurement of email campaign success and segmentation