Manager, Government Hybrid Sales - Learning Solutions
This role can be located in DC or New York based on where the qualified candidate chosen for this role is located.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Linkedin Learning Solutions is looking for a Manager for our Government Hybrid Sales team to help expand the client base for our region. In this role, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of Hybrid Representatives responsible for both new business and renewal business as well as developing and executing the sales strategy across the market. You will also focus on retaining and growing LinkedIn’s valuable government relationships.
- Directly manage a team of Hybrid-Sales Representatives focused on capturing new business and renewing and expanding existing customer revenues
- Provide sales mentorship and elevate the team’s abilities to manage and close revenue
- Accurately forecast recurring revenue pipelines along with incremental bookings
- Constantly innovate ways to balance sales opportunities, client management and new customer onboarding responsibilities
- Devise tactics and strategies to maintain close relationships with LinkedIn’s relationships at scale
- Focus on client success in order to build a talent pipeline and create a pool of customers that will serve as references for sales and marketing purposes
- Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices that will serve as the foundation for this growing team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with the product and marketing teams
- Be proactive about solving problems even if it’s outside of your area
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives.
- Travel required (20% of the time)
- BA/BS degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a quota-carrying sales role
- 5+ years of experience in sales management
- 1+ years of experience in the government space
- MBA degree or evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience with learning (e-learning preferred), media, and HR software
- Experience selling IT or Learning and Development solutions
- Experience with relevant sales methodologies and metrics
- Experience working in a SaaS startup
- Experience hiring and motivating seasoned account executives or relationship managers
- Experience managing individual sales reps as well as team leads
- Knowledge of CRM tools and subscription-based business sales models
- Excellent communication, client and time management, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to evaluate sound business opportunities, resolve conflicts, close deals and meet/exceed revenue goals