Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
As Manager, Hardware Test Automation you will lead the development of the software infrastructure used for testing and production of Aeva’s next generation 4D LiDAR sensors. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire software stack of our hardware assembly and test platform, enabling automation of LiDAR sensor and component tests for our manufacturing line.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and manage a team of skilled engineers dedicated to designing, implementing, and maintaining our automated hardware assembly and test infrastructure.
- Architect, design, and develop a robust and scalable Python-based software platform for performing hardware assembly and test station automation in the manufacturing line.
- Work on the full software stack, enabling automation of complex sensor and component alignment and tests, robot-based part handling, designing user interfaces, integration with factory automation and standardizing data components, and optimizing calibration procedures.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with database, embedded software, hardware test, and signal processing, and other teams to ensure we build the best possible solutions.
- Collaborate with project managers to define project scopes, schedules, and resource allocations, ensuring timely and successful project deliveries.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to team members, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented work environment.
What you have:
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on developing automation solutions for hardware testing.
- Strong proficiency in Python programming and relevant libraries/frameworks for hardware test automation.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) practices, unit and integration testing, and version control.
- Previous experience in leading and managing teams, fostering collaboration, and driving results.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical issues and provide effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, capable of working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
Nice to have:
- Familiar with protocols used for instrument communication, including serial, USB, Ethernet, GPIB, etc.
- User interface design experience, preferably using the PyQt framework.
- Experience building applications that use threading and/or multiprocessing.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards