Are you a results oriented Marketing Generalist guru looking to make a huge impact on an innovative FinTech company by transforming the way we think about and execute marketing? If this sounds like you, then the Manager, Head of Marketing - Canada role at OnDeck may be the opportunity you have been looking for. OnDeck is a publically traded company that has pioneered the use of Data Science to enable online loans to small business that is accessible, simple and fast. We have been in business since 2007 and active in Canada for 2 years. We know there is a high need for OnDeck in Canada to enable success for Canada’s great entrepreneurs. Now we just need your help to tell the story to Canada’s 1.1M small businesses.
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide thought leadership and functional expertise to evolve digital best practices and execution of core digital marketing campaigns
- Develop and execute the Canada digital marketing strategic plan to drive customer acquisition and engagement through paid and organic channels including SEM, SEO, social media, display, mobile, video, email and content marketing
- Work in tandem with third party agencies to optimize digital strategies and ensure all campaigns are set-up for accurate measurement of success
- Own and evolve the organization’s social media properties; translate brand strategy into social media narrative through innovative programs, campaigns and ideas that increase engagement and reduce customer churn
- Develop affiliate marketing opportunities with new partners to create a model that drives high quality and low cost leads
- Develop and manage a test and learn strategy to create innovative opportunities for new and evolving media channels that can be measured and scaled based on success
- Manage all reporting, analytics and insights development related to digital campaigns for conversion and acquisition
- Create forecasting models for online acquisition and contribution to the business based on paid and organic strategies in market
- Measure and track performance against KPI’s on an ongoing basis to continuously optimize campaigns driving lower CPA
- Partner with Marketing and other key departmental stakeholders including Operations and Product to drive improved conversion
- Apply expertise to demonstrate how digital communications can improve the reach and enhance effectiveness of marketing campaign content
Desired Skills and experience:
- 5-8 years of experience in Marketing with a significant portion of this time focused on acquisition, demand generation – both Offline and Digital
- A University Degree; a diploma or post-graduate studies in Marketing are desirable
- Thought-leader in the Digital Marketing landscape with an innovative approach to digital marketing based on current trends, tools and best practices
- Expertise with Google AdWords, Bing and Facebook; acquisition strategies and tactics
- Solid understanding of web analytics (GA preferred) and experience in analyzing and reporting on campaign performance and identifying insights to drive better business results and growth
- Hands-on and action oriented with a willingness and desire to take initiative, think critically and be a creative problem solver that can execute on your own and via others
- Strong aptitude to manage existing external partners and build new partner relationships
- Team player that is hard working, results driven and relentless in finding a way to get the job done
- Strong communication skills and experience working with senior leadership
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable US state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No recruiters or agencies, please**