At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Being passionate about working with groundbreaking technology and helping enterprise businesses think differently and solve mission-critical problems is what you like to do and you happily instill that passion and drive into your team. This opportunity is right for someone who is looking to take on a team that was recently carved out from the Sales Development team. See first hand, the direct impact your leadership has on the success of a team. Use your exemplary diplomatic communication skills to liaise with Field Sales Management, Marketing, Demand Generation, Sales Development, Sales Operations, and others. The potential of growing the team is great as is the opportunity to create several high functioning inside sales teams.
- Manage a team of individual contributors responsible for follow up with inbound leads and outbound prospecting activity and status update through the company CRM system
- Provide hands-on direction to team members for pipeline generation, sales strategy, deal qualification, and progression to revenue
- Display a real passion for running accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Recruit, enable, and mentor a high performance inside sales team that consistently exceeds revenue targets
- Constantly evaluate the performance of the inside sales team, creating an agile environment in which you can make immediate corrections to territory plans should the need arise
- Collaborating with the marketing department to ensure that the inside sales staff receive quality leads to pursue
- Build an open-communication environment for your team
- Revenue Generation
- Partner with Field Sales Management and Sales Operations, to establish and monitor territory and quota assignments for the team
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals
- Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement
- Ensure all sales, finance, and company policies and procedures are adhered to
- Continually evaluate current sales practices and procedures to determine whether they are effective in generating sales
- Recommend, seek approval for and implement improvements to current sales practices and procedures as needed
- BA/BS degree
- Previously worked in a fast-growing software sales company, preferably SaaS
- Desire to grow within the sales organization
- Experience selling database and related products and services
- 3+ years of experience leading an Inside Sales team focused on selling to the enterprise
- Proven experience exceeding quota as an Inside Sales Manager
- Developed and nurtured teams focused on new business and managed sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Stellar interpersonal skills
- Logical and analytical thinker with demonstrated negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also be a contributing member of a team and share your successes
- Solid experience in SFDC and other sales-related software and productivity tools
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.