Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Manager, IT Infrastructure
- Job Summary: This position manages the group responsible for deploying, maintaining, and managing the IT Infrastructure. IT Infrastructure services include Server Hosting (cloud and on-premises virtualization), Data Storage, Backups, Disaster Recovery services and more. This role will champion IT Service Management best practices including Incident, Problem and Change Management. They will monitor service delivery and make improvements to maximize business value and reduce technology friction. As a people manager this role will manage and develop team members. They will set team goals, as well as work one on one to establish individual goals, and monitor progress on a regular basis.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Coach and mentor a team of infrastructure engineers to excellence.
- Contribute to a culture of technical and operational excellence by evangelizing and adopting best practices with well-defined goals and metrics.
- Architect and implement IT Infrastructure technologies and platforms supporting corporate data systems.
- Foster cross-functional and cross-team collaboration by building trust and relationships with information security, legal, facilities, platform and product teams.
- Analyze performance and service delivery.
- Serve as an escalation point for issues, tasks and projects relating to IT Infrastructure, including occasional after-hours emergencies.
- Provide direction for the effort required to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems.
- Ensure infrastructure architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility.
- Coordinate delivery of services to user groups and ensure IT service is uninterrupted.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
What you’ll bring
- Five+ (5+) years of relevant technical experience, plus a minimum of three (3) years of management experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor a team to higher impact.
- Experience applying IT Service Management best practices including Incident, Problem and Change management.
- Technical knowledge related to on-premises technology such as VMware server virtualization, storage arrays, backup systems and server room/network closet physical infrastructure.
- Technical knowledge related to cloud infrastructure, architecture and best practices such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent analytical abilities, project coordination, and time management skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with the use of monitoring and alerting platforms to improve Incident management
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $121,000 - $143,000. The full range is $121,000 - $181,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.