Role: Manager, Marketing Analytics
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Hippo is a VC-funded Series E startup headquartered in Palo Alto, California, with Insurance Headquarters in Austin, TX. Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using AI, aerial imagery, smart home devices, and beautiful UI/UX, we strive to provide clients with nothing less than the best coverage, best value and best customer service in the industry. This approach is clearly resonating with homeowners. Hippo has grown 25% a month, has a customer satisfaction score more than double the industry average and insures more than $90B in property value.
We’re looking for the very best talent in the world to help us continue to find new ways of fundamentally redefining the role insurance plays in people’s lives.
About This Role
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Analyst who is passionate about data and digging deep below the surface to uncover insights that will play a critical role in guiding our communications approach.
You are naturally curious and passionate about data and analytics. You may have already worked in a startup environment with a steep learning curve and found it to your liking. You would enjoy being a key decision-maker in how we analyze data and create strategy, and thrive in a small, lean, and fast-paced work environment.
- Provide and maintain centralized reports in a Tableau dashboard to analyze large volumes of unstructured quantitative and qualitative data, interpret results and provide actionable insights and recommendations for leadership.
- Infuse marketing strategy with data driven approaches, insights, results and optimizations. Data includes but is not limited to SEM, paid digital, social, search, television, radio, direct mail and affiliate marketing.
- Collaborate with marketing team and business analytics to develop KPIs and data mapping documents which communicate how all media data from disparate sources will be joined in order for data to be processed and cleaned.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and finance counterpart for budget planning, performance projections and monthly reconciliation of spend and results.
- Work with the marketing team on a measurement plan for each campaign to ensure alignment and set-up on goals, tracking and reporting dimensions prior to campaign launch with clear milestones for post launch analysis.
- Build data driven strategies to increase acquisition, engagement, & retention across all digital and offline channels. Be an onsite expert in analyzing effectiveness of email programs, social programs, paid media and offline media. Including how channels operate as a single channel as well as within an integrated marketing plan.
- Draft hypotheses and design test structures (both A/B and incrementality) to draw actionable opportunities for scale and or efficiency programs and how those contribute to the overall effectiveness of growth and ROI.
- Build and maintain predictive models for financial and performance projections and to quantify lifetime value of the customers.
- Create convincing business cases highlighting opportunities to implement innovative targeting solutions across partners and channels.
- Own UTM parameters/Unique tracking of offline media, naming conventions and documentation specific to paid media.
- Collaborate with data analytics team to set up media partner data ingestion and parameter requirements for automated reporting production and measurement.
- Assist with assessment of attribution strategy to support multi-touch and shared attribution measurement.
- 5+ years business/marketing analytics experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, or degree in quantitative field
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience building dashboards and databases.
- Expert level skills with Excel, visualization tools (Tableau) programming languages (Python or R).
- Deep understanding of statistical concepts and techniques and the ability to execute analytics projects in open source tools (i.e. media/marketing mix models, segmentation models, forecasting and optimization analysis).
- Exposure to paid marketing such as mobile, social, digital measurement approaches as well as an understanding of the role of attribution and paths to conversions. Ideal candidate will also have exposure to off-line media and impact on website and conversion performance and attribution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to present findings to different stakeholders.
- Experience with technical implementation of website tracking pixels such as Google Tag Manager a plus.
Compensation and Perks
- Fun offices located in Palo Alto, CA
- Stocked kitchen
- Flexible, uncapped PTO (with manager approval).
- Full time salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup.
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, ltd, std, EAP, and flexible spending accounts.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.