About the Team
The DoorDash New Business Development team is a small motivated group responsible for incubating new lines of business and graduating them to scale. Current areas of focus include partnerships in new verticals and in support of new lines of business, including DoorDash Drive, DoorDash Kitchens, and Storefront. The team's primary function is revenue generating partnerships, but it also touches strategy, product management, marketing, operations, finance, legal, and other departments necessary to vet and scale new offerings and partner segments. You will report to the Senior Manager, New Business Development.
About the Role
As the Manager of New Business Development - Retail you will...
- Lead exploratory discussions with existing or prospective partners to determine market fit, size, and readiness for new product offerings.
- Cultivate long-term relationships with partner executives
- Shape product roadmap and go-to-market strategies based on market feedback
- Work and serve as the liaison between our existing or prospective partners and DoorDash leadership, product, legal, operations, and other teams
- Develop pitch and positioning for new products or partner segments
- Manage pipelines of target partners, or grow existing partnerships
- Develop template agreements and negotiate first-of-a-kind partnerships, including deal economics
- Inform goals for growth and revenue (and its proxies); and advise on associated business resource needs
- Inform go/no-go and prioritization decisions on new businesses
- About You
- You are entrepreneurially minded with a nose for opportunity and risk
- You are comfortable making decisions based on imperfect data
- You are a collaborator, and consensus builder
- You set and communicate clear visions and strategies for your teams
- You are naturally optimistic, but not blinded by conviction
- You cultivate mutually beneficial relationships
- We're excited about you because...
- You have 6+ years experience in early stage business development, account management, client success, or strategic partnerships in technology or high growth / early stage startups
- You have negotiated numerous first-of-a-kind deals and partnerships
- You have retail, ecommerce, or marketplace industry experience
- You have a Bachelor's degree
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 4000 cities across the US, Canada and Australia.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.