Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
As the Manager of Content Marketing, you will fully own the content and content strategy that powers Verkada’s global demand generation and growth teams. Specifically, you and your team will be responsible for creating compelling content that can be used by our teams to engage prospects and customers throughout the funnel from initial consideration through to purchase. You will partner closely with our Product Marketing, Demand Generation, and Creative teams in order to design and build campaigns that leverage a wide range of content types, including digital ads, thought leadership pieces, blogs, email nurtures, newsletters, and more. In addition, this individual will hire and oversee a team of 2-3 content marketers.
This is a highly cross functional leadership role requiring both strategic and tactical execution, strong program management, and the ability to provide clear direction to more junior content creators. Reporting directly to the VP of Product Marketing, you will play a vital role in driving our content strategy and telling the story of Verkada and its products in a way that will resonate with our audiences.
- Develop, execute, and fully own an integrated content marketing strategy aligned with business objectives and target audience needs, with a particular focus on lead generation
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, such as Product Marketing, Demand Generation, and Sales to identify content gaps and requirements
- Oversee and actively participate in the creation and distribution of high-performance content, including digital ads, infographics, email, newsletters, white papers, webinars, and more
- Design, build, and maintain all email nurture campaigns as well as campaign landing pages across products and industries
- Conceptualize digital ads and work closely with Demand Generation and Creative teams to bring to life
- Ideate on and build intriguing web-based experiences such as total cost of ownership calculators or educational quizzes and surveys
- Define content standards and ensure adherence to brand guidelines, tone of voice and style consistency
- Demonstrate advanced editorial craftsmanship, data storytelling, and copywriting skills in all content
- Implement effective SEO strategies to optimize content for search engines and increase organic visibility
- Hire, manage, and professionally develop a team of high-performing content marketers
- 6-8+ years of proven content marketing experience, with experience across a variety of content types including email, website copy, ad copy, longform content (white papers, thought leadership pieces), and infographics
- Proven ability to design and build high-performing integrated marketing campaigns across email, web, and digital channels that generate qualified leads
- Proven ability to synthesize key points from various sources such as product content, surveys, customer calls, and more in order to create high-performing email nurtures or content pieces
- Excellent copyediting, communication and project management skills
- Experience working with creative / design and product marketing teams to storyboard and create digital ads content
- Strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and comfort and experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to work cross-functionally to build strategy and influence decision-making
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university or liberal arts college
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $120,000 - 235,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.