Manager of Content Strategy
Development Team, BuzzFeed Motion Pictures
This position is based in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- In this newly developed role the Manager of Content Strategy’s main goal is to build a system of persistent social video output that engages an audience and builds toward an ability to pull out high-value content with an eye to further developing it into longer form projects.
- Work with the Data Insights and Social Publishing teams to manage the process of iterative video development on YouTube, Facebook and Snapchat using data analytics to monitor video performance and content trends.
- Collaborate with social, short-form and development creative leads to accomplish development goals.
- Create a feedback loop for constant course correction of creative output and allocate and align resources accordingly.
- Manage production spend in a way that balances audience exposure and the ability to monetize series and specials.
- Effectively communicate across multiple stakeholders in content creation, insights, publishing and monetization processes across the company.
- The successful candidate will have 3-5 years in a content creation environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of social distribution channels with a technical mindset for the data analytics behind them.
- Should be highly motivated, self-starter that can take an idea and run with it.
- Extremely flexible in a fast-paced innovative, experimental environment.
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.