For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Learning, the Manager of Instructional Design/ Development is an experienced training leader with a successful track record that will be responsible for managing and developing a high performing and enthusiastic team of Instructional Designers/Developers. The team is responsible for the creation of high quality, engaging and innovative product training and certification deliverables for PointClickCare customers, partners, and internal customer facing teams. In collaboration with the Sr. Director, internal stakeholders, and customers, the manager will lead the team through the development of training programs that positively impact PointClickCare product adoption and drive customer outcomes. Strong people management skills and a focus on continuous advancement following industry trends will be key to this role.
· Manage the Instructional Designer/Developer team in the end-to-end process of curriculum development: analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of PointClickCare product training and certification components.
· Develop and grow team members on instructional design and instructional technology tools and best practices.
· Create a team environment of high morale, high performance, and team collaboration.
· Conduct effective performance evaluations, assess development opportunities, and mentor team through formal and informal channels.
· Translate training vision and strategy into action plans and deliverables to improve training adoption and overall business outcomes.
· Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with customer facing and product teams to align with the business, to identify needs and desired outcomes, and to forecast and plan training deliverables.
· Use collaboration skills to negotiate content, time frames and usability requirements with stakeholders.
· Serve as trusted adviser to the professional services team on customer virtual instructor led training delivery approach and materials.
· Lead the Instructional Designers/Developers in the creation of learning solutions in a variety of methods including online virtual classroom training, online self-paced training and performance support tools.
· Lead the team in staying abreast of product direction including go-to-market products and product releases.
· Provide guidance in managing training project plans including scoping, development, prioritization, resource assignment and timelines.
· Implement and manage a project resource tracking system and use it for capacity, project planning and team development.
· Own the evaluation framework to identify and monitor key metrics that inform and validate training quality, satisfaction, and impact.
· Monitor quantitative data and customer feedback to understand curriculum gaps and areas for improvement
· Collaborate with the LMS Administrators to have developed and published content loaded on the LMS.
· Maintain knowledge of current and future learning industry technology trends, standards, and best practices to lead direction of ongoing training design and development in Customer Learning’s evolution to world class.
· Ability to create and refine strong team processes and effectively manage team change
· 10+ years of adult learning and instructional design and development experience with at least 5 of those years of being a strong people leader
· Experience/knowledge on Articulate Storyline 360
· experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, Vyond, Camtasia, and Articulate Rise
· Mastery ability using Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
· Advanced experience with, SnagIt, Canva, Smartsheet, Netsuite, JIRA
· Mastery understanding of instructional design principles and delivering online education
· Superior presentation and communication skills to communicate clearly, both verbally and written
· Self-motivated with excellent organization skills to manage multiple projects and priorities
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to work agile and adapt quickly to changing priorities
· Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently to successfully deliver on departmental goals
· Advanced knowledge of software release cycles and the ability to maintain deliverables that align with each release
· Strong visual design knowledge
· Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and standards such as SCORM, AICC, and xAPI
· Degree in Instructional Design/Development is a plus
· Experience working with professional services and product support teams is a plus
· Advanced knowledge of gamification and proven ability to use game elements to enhance the educational experience
· Well-founded knowledge of Long-Term Post-Acute Care (LTPAC) industry
· Working knowledge of PointClickCare software or similar healthcare software experience
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how PointClickCare uses or processes your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact PointClickCare’s human resources team: firstname.lastname@example.org
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.