We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Situated within Schooling Management & Technology, the School Management Office (SMO) drives organizational change and helps achieve school management priorities so that our network of schools can continue to innovate as it scales. The SMO additionally leads on key strategic functions that are critical to the day-to-day management of our schools. The team’s representative work includes programmatic and logistical support for our team of School Managers (i.e., superintendents), overseeing our schooling scope-and-sequence, continuously proposing and managing improvements to our school design, spearheading the annual re-enrollment process for returning scholars, and supporting scholars in times of crisis (e.g., loss of housing, family medical emergency).
The SMO has four primary areas of focus:
- School Management Planning & Support;
- Scholar Flow Management;
- School Design Planning & School Policies; and
- Crisis Support & Prevention.
The Manager of School Planning will design, implement, and oversee key planning functions and processes within our School Management Office.
In this role, you will:
- Develop the scope and sequence for all key schooling functions, including those related to school launch, parental joy & investment, talent recruitment and management, scholar flow (e.g., onboarding of new scholars, re-enrollment, transfers, holdovers, Middle School and High School Enrollment), and more;
- Oversee and manage the process by which the Network communicates critical information and deliverables to schools;
- Support our team of School Managers by producing and analyzing data related to their core responsibilities, including scholar enrollment and performance management;
- Collaborate with Network leadership to develop our annual academic calendar for elementary, middle, and high schools; and
- Improve the oversight and management of our schools by collaborating with and supporting School Managers, central office leadership, and principals on a daily basis to resolve issues and support their efforts to build world-class public schools.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 3-5 years of combined relevant work experience in school management, project management, and/or complex planning;
- You are passionate about education reform and school choice;
- You demonstrate the ability to successfully manage and drive forward intricate projects;
- You utilize (or quickly self-teach) advanced Excel functions, such as pivot tables and V-lookups;
- You exhibit critical thinking and analytical abilities;
- You effectively collaborate with a broad base of constituents at all levels, including senior organizational leadership;
- You demonstrate persuasive writing ability, and can write effectively for various audiences;
- You place high value on the details;
- You demonstrate initiative and perseverance to achieve desired outcomes; and
- You are an eager and quick learner who seeks out constructive feedback, and are excited to continuously develop professionally to achieve your potential.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.