Accelo is looking for an experienced Technical Support Manager to lead our support team across 3 different countries. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to our worldwide customers, 24/6 via phone, chat, and tickets. You will be responsible for directly monitoring, reporting, and driving improvements in team-level metrics and KPIs, keeping up with new products and ongoing training, and developing processes. You will report directly to the VP of Client Success and work cross-functionally on a daily basis with product management, engineering, sales, customer success, Implementation and marketing.
The ideal candidate is someone with considerable experience in a technical support management role, proven analytical skills, strong communication skills, and flawless delivery of premium support models. You should be comfortable acting as an escalation point with customers, development teams, and be able to manage Support team projects through to completion. Relationship building, strong prioritization skills, and super-effective communication define you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be responsible for achieving happy customers and key support metrics.
- Directly manage a team of 5+ highly motivated technical support engineers based in our Denver, San Francisco, and Wollongong (Australia) offices to support our customers worldwide.
- Oversee the management of an international remote outsourced vendor team of agents.
- Provide onboarding to new members and continuous education for all members of the team.
- Build a cohesive, collaborative, and rewarding environment for our support staff.
- Manage support operations. Ensure incoming chats, emails, tickets, and calls are handled with the highest level of quality and efficiency. Establish staff schedules for global 24/6 coverage.
- Define and implement technical support metrics at team and individual levels.
- Function as point-of-contact for escalations and marshal the appropriate response and focus.
- Improve tools and processes to enable us to deliver support at scale as the company grows: enhance ticketing system, knowledge management, self-help, user forums, customer feedback management, etc.
- Continuously evolve our support structure, for better staff development and better business results (e.g. separate responsibility by tiers, by products, etc.).
- Partner with our product and engineering teams, to improve the product and reduce customer frustration. Stay up-to-date with new products, features, and roadmaps.
- Partner with our sales teams, to provide product expertise to help customers during pre-sales and onboarding. Together improve the processes and systems for issue prioritization and resolution.
- Produce reporting that shows team’s status and measures team’s effectiveness.
What you'll accomplish at Accelo:
Within your first month you'll:
- Understand the Accelo system, including our processes and reporting, and be making notes about ways to improve it.
- Work closely with our Technical Support Engineers to understand how they support Accelo customers and identify strengths and weaknesses in their skills and application of the Accelo system.
- Build relationships with your peers in Customer Success and Implementation as well as the leaders who support you and your team (Operations, People and Finance).
- Gain a high-level understanding of the Accelo product through direct training and self-paced onboarding materials.
Within your first quarter you'll:
- Be proficient in the Accelo system and be able to handle any escalated issues from Tier 1 or Tier 2 to successful resolution
- Outline and produce a full set of key metrics on the team’s utilization and SLA performance
- Analyze intra-day and intra-week volume data for effective scheduling across 3 global locations to support a 24x6 support schedule to meet SLAs
- Document and improve existing processes
- Develop a QA and Training program to train, coach, and develop Technical Support team members
- A./B.S. required, preferably in a technical field
- 7+ years of experience in technical support or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience leading and growing a high-performance, cohesive technical support operation of 5-15 people
- Effective leadership and people management experience, with goal setting and action plans for career development on a team and individual basis
- Strong empathy and attention-to-detail. Exhibit effective customer service attitude and be able to lead a team in resolving difficult customer situations
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Experience with support tools, including ticketing and knowledge management
- Experience with supporting SaaS products
- Exceptional analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Passion in working in a fast-growing environment
- Experience in managing a global support operation is a plus
Accelo's mission is to help service businesses succeed. We provide a SaaS business automation system for services businesses that streamlines all of their client work in one place, doubling their profitability and helping their people get back to doing the work they love. We're venture-backed with around 100 staff in three offices around the world - San Francisco, Denver and Wollongong (Australia).
- We choose to Care and Serve
- We have Drive and Integrity
- We seek Fulfillment through our work
Why you'll love working here:
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing company with a clear vision to scale in the Denver, San Francisco, & Australian area!
- 360-degree views of the Rockies, city, and skyline from the 12th floor of a centrally located downtown office with a world-class gym and bicycle storage.
- Amazing benefits including fully covered individual healthcare, RTD EcoPass for convenient and environmentally conscious commutes, Friday social activities, and more!
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks, a plethora of caffeinated options, and Friday catered lunch, just don’t blame us if you gain a pound or two :)
- A great team that enjoys and is passionate about the work that they do.
- Accelo is committed to hiring a diverse workforce as it helps us make better decisions, succeed faster, and better serve our global clients.