Metromile is a start-up that is disrupting the $185 Billion car insurance market by offering an entirely new model where the monthly bill is based on miles driven, paired with a smart driving app. Our product marries engineering and data science to deliver mobile technology, automotive telematics, and data-driven applications to make a car's data accessible and useful to modern drivers, including street sweeping alerts, trip stats, decoded check-engine lights, and car location. We aim to make car ownership as simple and affordable as it can be.
You could think of us as the David to the auto insurance industry's Goliath. Buckle up and get ready to drive with Metromile.
About the role
Metromile is looking for a Marketing Manager to help lead new customer acquisition efforts. The right candidate will develop strategies to profitably target new customers across a variety of direct response marketing vehicles that may include direct mail, television, share mail or radio. The candidate will have the opportunity to recommend and execute campaigns based on data driven decision making. The role will have the opportunity to strengthen existing programs while working with customer insights and advanced analytics to develop new targeting, creative, and messaging to improve the ROI of marketing strategies. The candidate will also have the opportunity to build and coach a growing team over time.
- Lead strategic development, management and execution of initiatives that directly align with business goals and objectives.
- Identify trends and insights that lead to innovative growth strategies.
- Guide test & learn plans and provide recommendations based on results to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work closely with other teams across Marketing and the Metromile business to better understand customer needs, business processes, and best practices.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, vendors and industry innovations and provide recommendations for adoption where appropriate.
- Drive creative direction that leverages the brand with relevance to the target segment.
- Grow the subscriber base by aggressively driving new, high quality activations.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, MBA preferred.
- Must have 3 years managing and executing direct mail campaigns.
- 5+ years of progressive experience developing and managing multi-segment direct marketing campaigns.
- Established leadership skills, a strategic mindset, and a passion for process improvement.
- Proven communication and presentation skills: advanced ability to present & sell recommendations and to adjust presentations accordingly based on feedback.
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm & foster strategic thinking.
- Ability to balance attention to detail and executional excellence with strategic thinking and an understanding of the big-picture business environment.
- Knowledge of direct marketing test methodologies and techniques as well as demonstrated analysis skills.
- A strong track record for planning and managing multiple complex projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Highly creative and innovative with experience identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate action.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
What’s in it for you
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Transportation and gym benefits
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Beer o’clock every Friday
- Monthly social events (Trivia nights, skeeball, ropes course, etc)
- Mac equipment and ergonomic work station, customized to your specs