Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $4 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 4 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to join a team of over 400 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Upgrade is seeking a new Operations Oversight Manager to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. The role is responsible for leading and developing a high performing team in support of the enhancement and growth of the Upgrade’s first line of defense oversight program which includes Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) activities. The Operational Oversight Manager will provide first line of defense, oversight support for our business in the form of key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, controls and reporting. This person will participate in and support audits, regulatory reviews and business partner requests. Reporting to the Director of Oversight, this People Leader role will engage with a broad range of partners, including senior management, to achieve and report operational risk objectives.
What you'll do:
- Builds and manages a flexible, high performing, engaged team of professionals through recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and related managerial activities
- Directs staff and initiatives that drive operational integrity and support our oversight program which includes risk development and identification
- Partners internally to identify, assess and document risks, including risks associated with new or modified products and processes
- Reviews, communicates and recommends the development of risk oversight practices in partnership with senior management to ensure appropriateness and adequacy vs industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Accountable for the development, implementation and oversight of risk management frameworks
- Oversees the preparation of key reports and communications and may present to committees, senior management and business partners.
What you have
- 6+ years oversight, risk management and/or operations experience in banking or financial services
- Direct team lead or management experience with proven ability to develop people leaders while establishing trust with and advocating for team members
- Knowledge of bank / financial service regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and influence business outcomes
- Experience leading work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision making abilities, to include demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven decision
This is an in-office role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.