You’re passionate about people. You’re an excellent communicator, and an empathetic reader of your fellow team members. It’s obvious how much you care - you know everybody by name and naturally build rapport with everyone in the company from interns to executives.
You’re a thinker and a doer, able to think big and then turn those plans into action. You know what it means to roll up your sleeves and make things happen yourself. No task is too small, and you enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
You love constantly learning more about your craft and collaborating with a talented team to put your ideas into practice. You know the ins and outs of employment law and possess an understanding of what it takes to build talent engagement and development. You’re equally as comfortable walking employees through health plans and copayment schemes as you are navigating sensitive personnel issues.
You’re passionate about building culture and want to join an organization that believes that culture is about the people, not the fancy perks. You firmly believe that building the right team guided by strong core values is critical to long-term success, and you’re bursting with ideas for how a small company can do it right.
You might not have experience working at a tech startup, but that’s okay! If you want to work at a company in an explosively growing market on the bleeding edge of retail innovation and work with whip-sharp, supportive and fun teammates with impeccable taste in TV (Game of Thrones and The Bachelorette), we want to hear from you!
Everything we do is grounded in our core values: Substance, Open Communication, Attitude, Accountability and Respect. We live our values consistently, from our business model to our culture, whether we’re dealing with employees, vendor partners or our clients. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator seeking a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
Bombfell is seeking a passionate and high-energy Human Resources Manager to play a critical role in improving HR processes for the company and to champion the Bombfell culture, mission and values. This position will report to the Director of People & Culture, collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team, and have direct access to C-level executives. You’ll partner with our business managers to provide consultation and support on all HR initiatives in the areas of employee relations, administration, performance management and legal compliance. Every single day at Bombfell you’ll play a vital part in supporting and developing our employees and building out our HR infrastructure.
Benefits Administration & Communication
- Help design and administer benefits plans, as well as handle communication with all departments/employees in the company
- Respond to employee questions related to benefits and company policies
- Refine payroll and benefits administration, and audit processes and reporting to ensure accuracy and structure
- Handle HR and equity paperwork and administration execution
Employee Relations & Compliance
- Maintain Bombfell’s HRIS, employment tracking and reports, auditing and filing of electronic records and various compliance auditing processes (payroll, taxation, employee files, privacy etc)
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees (I-9, unemployment, 401K, FMLA, compensation, paperwork, etc.) and ensure regulatory compliance
- Stay up to date on HR issues ranging from regulatory changes to representation in all employment-related legal issues, unemployment claims, employment verifications, worker’s compensation processes etc.
- Identify compliance risk and proactively implement plans to mitigate them. Own administrative tasks and responsibilities regarding HR compliance
- Ensure that company policies reflects the current state of the business and mitigate risk
- Work with business leaders on how to navigate and resolve employee relations issues
- Become a trusted and sought-after resource for leadership & staff
Employee Retention & Development
- Help implement performance management processes and coach business partners on how to execute
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to identify and execute employee retention and development initiatives, including training, info sessions and team-building activities
- Help provide guidance for managers with performance issues and improvement plans
- Collaboratively develop programs to increase retention and improve employee happiness
- Operate clearly and transparently to help others understand how people decisions get made
- Provide insight in people metrics, recognition programs and strategic development
- Assess the HR implications of business initiatives and provide advice to the management team accordingly
- Work with outside legal counsel on immigration/visa applications
- Facilitate onboarding (training on HRIS, collecting paperwork, and explaining benefits / policies) and serve as key contact and counselor for new hires
- Manage HR programs including sickness absence, maternity/paternity leave and other paperwork
- 2+ years increasing Human Resources experience in a generalist or HR Manager capacity
- Extremely hands-on knowledge and experience with some combination of: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management and/or HR compliance
- Experience with employment laws, labor relations and practices including: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, DOT, EEOC, litigation, issue and dispute resolution, etc.
- Strong conflict management skills and excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to develop trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results at all levels of the organization
- Great time and project management skills. There’s a lot to do!
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment and maturity, and ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion, respect and care.
- Experience in Compliance for part-time, remote employees is a big plus
- HR certifications a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Health insurance, dental/vision plus disability insurance
- Lunch provided every day
- Monthly transportation stipend of $116.50
- Free snacks and board games
- Quarterly clothing allowance, plus the ability to purchase clothes at wholesale pricing
- Team Building Activities
- Lots of free smiles from your co-workers