Yelp is looking for a remote technical player and coach to lead our People Technology team and enable the Yelp employee lifecycle through best in class technology and people experience.
The People Technology team builds, configures, and implements people systems used by Yelp to manage its global workforce. As the leader of People Technology, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of technology that supports People Operations and those supporting all employees at Yelp. You will partner with business leaders, cross-functional managers, executive leadership, and employees across Yelp to strategize and implement technology, processes, and business processes.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and expand our Workday environment to be best in class and most effective for Yelp and the entire employee life cycle.
- Work collaboratively with vendors, partners and the Business Technology team members to build an awesome experience for employees.
- Lead and grow our People Technology team eg. coach them through career development, ensure Workday designs are solid and follow best practices, be involved with recruitment and staffing decisions for the growing team.
- Own the long-term strategic roadmap for people technology to support needs across the employee life cycle.
- Elevate the relationship with the people team to a strategic partner becoming an integral part of the success of the people team and their mission.
- Manage a team responsible for the development and implementation of new solutions.
- Unlock the data in our People Operations systems to facilitate people analytics initiatives.
- Partner with the People Operations and other business leaders to collaboratively deliver on their vision and goals.
- Work with the entire team dedicated to Yelp employees to prioritize and deliver scalable, automated technology solutions.
We Are Looking For:
- You have previous experience as a manager with excellent people management skills and the ability to hire and grow a talented team of Workday BSAs and System Admins.
- 6+ years experience with Workday and other cloud-based People Technology solutions
- 7+ years experience in all phases of system implementation (requirements, design, build, launch, testing) in a fast-moving environment
- Familiarity with Workday configuration and integrations (WD Studio, core connectors)
- Excellent leadership skills, including team building and articulating a vision
- Extensive knowledge of integration and management of external vendors
- Effectively deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced, and confidential environment with great attention to detail
- Subject matter expertise and systems background in Human Resources
- Workday Pro certification strongly desired, but not required
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.