PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Manager, Search
San Francisco, CA
This role will be managing on helping players search and find new contents on all platforms. The Product Manager will manage product managers and hold vision, drive towards goals and help the team to develop solutions and work across all product groups and divisions to create a best in market offering to help customers discover contents to play. These solutions will be a key pillar in delivering a customer-first, data driven platform ensuring that PlayStation remains the best place to play for our customers. You will have regular exposure to executive leadership given the critical nature of the products and programs within this area.
Join a group of passionate product managers and engineers building an exciting platform from ground up.
We love gaming! Get to work with industry thought leaders at the intersection of leading Console Gaming Platform and Data Sciences.
Be in the driver seat. Own the strategy, define the key metrics, set the customer outcomes and execution plans for your product.
In This Role, You Will:
- Balance technical skills with business insights and vision, ensuring that our customers discover the best features at the right times to have an awesome experience.
- Balance skills with connecting between back-end services and customer experience
- Lead the Search user journey across platforms (console, mobile and web)
- Guide the art and science of data driven product management across the company.
- Build a strategy and an effective roadmap that supports business objectives and customer needs.
- Work closely with stakeholders and engineering leaders to deliver the systems and tools that will enable these solutions to be built, tested, deployed and used company wide.
- Measure, learn and iterate following Search.
- Serve as an evangelist and champion for your directions.
- Collaborate on creating the right solutions with the user research, data science, product and engineering teams
- Measure data coverage, quality, depth and accuracy metrics, and business impact of your solutions
- Work with engineering counterparts to architect and develop key system infrastructure including APIs, data models, and integrations
- Analyze industry trends and competition to contribute towards product strategy for PlayStation Intelligence Platform
Translate Product Strategy into an executable roadmap
Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to build a scalable and intelligent decisioning system
- Work with Data Scientists and Data Analyst to continuously innovate and improve the performance of the decisioning system, deploying latest in ad-tech/ marktech/ ML/ AI
Who We're Looking For:
- You are an entrepreneurial self-starter with strong sense of ownership
- You have managed 3 or more years for multiple people
- You have delivered 3 or more consumer facing products in the marketplace
- You have a passion for building the best in class systems for enabling great customer experiences.
- You are able to identify external and internal customer needs and "bridge the divide" to develop technical product strategies, roadmaps and requirements that meet those practical needs.
- You are able to convincingly communicate product vision, solutions and benefits of the solutions to internal teams and stakeholders.
- You drive a team for feature definition, planning and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction.
- You have deep customer empathy, and champion the needs of customers and stakeholders throughout the development process.
- You are intellectually curious, technically savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- 5 years’ experience in product management.
- You have previously delivered a complete product to market, managed its lifecycle, worked with researchers, refined and improved the product.
- Skilled at working in a highly matrixed environment and ability to drive cross-functional alignment.
- Produce a product vision, strategy and roadmap for an area with sequencing and planning, communicating product roadmap to cross-functional teams and stakeholders, and proactively identify and manage dependencies.
- Drives the product discovery process for large, complex projects to assess product features and specifications that will solve complex business issues
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.