As the Manager, Sales Engineering at Twilio, you will set the strategy and direction for our technical engagement in the New Business sales cycle at Twilio, while also owning and driving new opportunities.
You have a deep technical understanding of the Twilio Platform and one or more of our common use cases, combined with proven results in bringing new software developers onto the platform. You enjoy motivating and leading a team, and you are adept at metrics and data-driven management as well as emotionally intelligent people management .
- This is a player-coach role. You will own opportunities as well as manage and lead a team.
- Partner with New Business sales leadership to set our strategy for finding, closing and supporting new opportunities.
- Proactively attract, develop, and motivate a team of high-performing Solutions Architects and Sales Engineers, continually seeking innovative solutions for improving team effectiveness with a data-driven approach.
- Manage a team that presents complex sales and engineering proposals to C-level executives at large Enterprise and Fortune 500 companies.
- Inspire the team – be a leader and a role model for excellence in the sales engineering function.
- Technical strategy – determine what role sales engineers should play in closing new business, and how to deploy the existing resources most effectively.
- Measure and communicate results – use data to communicate results and make decisions.
- Be a coach and mentor – ensure that your team has the support that they need to be successful.
- Engage with cross-functional leadership where needed – engage with Product, Support, Sales and Engineering as needed to effectively advocate for new prospects.
- Typically 7-10 years in a customer-facing technical role.
- Strong team leadership ability is required, and prior experience as a direct manager of teams is strongly preferred.
- A strong understanding of the new business sales cycle, as well as experience in the technology areas relevant to Twilio’s market: IP-based telephony, real-time communications, scaling web and mobile applications.
- Operational excellence: Evidence of a strong track record of data-driven decisions and results.
- A world class communicator. Confident influencing and engaging with a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
- Typically 25-30% travel, depending on role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred. Advanced degrees or formal training in management is preferred.
- Experience leading RFI/RFP and contracting processes.
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.