Are you passionate about coding? Does it “hurt” when you see an application with bad UI? Does finding an elegant solution to a hard problem make your day? SMART Technologies is looking for enthusiastic developers like you who want to make a difference in the lives of teachers and students through our world-class software.
Our products are in use in millions of classrooms around the world and we are continuously striving to improve the learning experience. You will have the opportunity to work directly with customers to ensure that you are building products that will help them in their day to day lives.
At SMART, we are always trying to learn and improve. We encourage innovation and creative problem solving. You will be leading one of our Web Frontend team and using the latest web technologies deployed at scale, such as Vue, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Firebase and others.
What would you be doing?
- Leading and managing one of our Web Frontend teams
- Organizing and planning the sprint to sprint work items and deliverables
- Designing and building next generation web products for use in classrooms around the world
- Implementing new functionality in our web products
- Working closely with other Development managers to manage technical dependencies and coordinate implementation of new features
- Working closely with the User Experience team to design the User Interface
- Working closely with the Product Management team to plan and scope releases
- Working with developers to architect and design the technical structure of our products
- Evaluating and choosing new technologies and libraries to incorporate into our products
- Supporting our products once they have been released to the field
- Working closely with our test team to ensure automated testing has appropriate coverage
- Understanding test-driven development practices including writing and maintaining unit tests
- Experience with developing software using Agile software development
- Building and deploying applications to Google AppEngine or Amazon Web Services
- Experience releasing software using a continuous deployment pipeline
- Experience with team management and budgeting
Education and work experience
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or a related field
- Junior, intermediate or senior level experience with:
- Experience with web-based Java development is an asset.
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile teams.
- Experience working with remote teams.
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business. To read more about our specific policies, please follow the links below. For more information please review: https://home.smarttech.com/legal/privacy-policy