Leading, motivating, and coaching a team of Strategic Account Managers and owning revenue targets interest you? As a Manager of Strategic Accounts you will develop individuals’ sales skills for effectively championing software products, direct key account penetration and growth, manage team/individual quarter-to-quarter progress and forecasting, and enable a team to meet and exceed quota.
The role gives you the ability to advance your career at a company that is high growth, firmly established, and an industry leader. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing, development, and API software enables organizations to meet the demands of a fast paced technology environment without sacrificing software quality all while reducing development costs. We have 5M+ users within 20,000+ companies in 194 countries with immeasurable growth ahead of us.
- Lead a team of Strategic Account Managers to meet monthly goals: activity, metrics, forecasted opportunities and revenue targets.
- Hire, train, coach and grow a team.
- Develop and maintain productive, effective relationships with direct reports, peers and senior leadership.
- Develop strategic sales practices to generate account penetration skills, product knowledge, account negotiation, and customer relations.
- Develop sales metrics and performance management tools to monitor and improve performance to ensure achievement of team and company objectives.
- Provide guidance and feedback to enhance performance, and conduct one-on-ones to track and meet sales.
- 10+ years sales experience. 5+ years in a sales management capacity. Experience in Enterprise Software preferred.
- Experience leading a consultative, strategic sales process with a track record of meeting and exceeding targets.
- Coaching skills - ability to observe, evaluate and use various techniques to improve results.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Authorized to work in the United States (minimum of H1B).
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the “Best Places to Work”, named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places to Work”, and VentureFizz calls us “One of the Hottest Companies in Boston”.
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice, including weekly lunch and learn product trainings, career development seminars, sponsoring Toastmasters and Women In Technology International memberships.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun, and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and the company, and is focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with a modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss, and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths, and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, Friday lunches, Happy Hour, coffee (gourmet, espresso, lattes), healthy and sweet snacks, and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC, and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth environment and an established, financially strong company with 300+ employees across 6 global locations. We provide leading companies with the technology to build some of the greatest applications, websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS, and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle, from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We’ve played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased, and more. We have real products, real customers, and great compensation. Our software is downloaded over 15 million times to date. We have a community of over 5.8 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Our customers include 20,000+ companies (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE, and Salesforce to name a few) in 194 countries. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.