Fellow began as a Kickstarter campaign and has grown into a global brand with distributors and customers in more than 50 countries. We bring the specialty coffee experience to people's homes via beautifully designed coffee ware that marries form and function. We currently have a small, passionate, and committed team that loves to see coffee tools come to life.
Fellow Products are seeking an experienced quality engineer to join our team. This role is a combination of managerial and also IC responsibilities. They will lead our quality team in Asia, helping to ensure successful supervision and management of the quality systems at our suppliers. They will also have their own projects, applying their extensive experience and leading the team by example. A successful candidate will have broad experience in manufacturing, metrology, and supplier management. They will also have strong communication skills and a positive can-do attitude.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will accomplish all of this while living out Fellowship Thinking, our leadership principles:
Fellowship Thinking centers our customers, always.
Fellowship Thinking views all goals as shared.
Fellowship Thinking never stops improving.
Fellowship Thinking says “yes, if”.
Fellowship Thinking deliberately seeks equity.
This position requires this person to be based in Shenzhen/Foshan/Zhongshan w/ the ability to travel in China frequently
- Manager of our quality team in Asia through daily tasks in the factory, and support clear communications with the US team
- Strong time management to balance their own work while supporting and guiding their direct reports.
- Create clear templates for quality testing & reporting, as well as summary slides
- Provide guidance and instruction for quality testing, including test method, sampling plan, and report expectations.
- ’Keep track of all open activities to ensure nothing is missed.
- Help the team prioritize when overloaded.
- Escalate if anything becomes at risk or blocked. Lead meetings with US team and suppliers
- Confidently step in when there is a need to ensure on time and successful closure of actions
- Establish and manage quality systems for our production lines, also known as control plans.
- Regularly visit suppliers to perform audits, review testing, support development
- Review and approve quality related procedures such as SOP, SIP, MSOP
- Qualify new suppliers through quality system audit and lean six sigma audit.
- Audit and guide exiting suppliers to improve and grow quality system capabilities
- Early involvement for NPI: Production line qualification, spec negotiations, tolerance stack up assessment, and test plan developmentWork closely with engineering / product design, supporting development activities such as spec qualifications, PFMEA/DFMEA, and REL Perform data analysis, provide data summary reports to the broader team
- Identify and develop resolution of manufacturing quality issues, contain parts or products as needed, sort parts for quality requirements.
- Sustain quality performance management and drive supplier to solve quality issues from production line and Customer by use of 8D-methodology, 5 whys, DOE etc.
- Drive for CTQ (Critical to Quality) implementation at supplier site to standardize and optimize process through FMEA/Control Plan/MSA/CPK/SPC/Error Proofing.
- Support cross functional teams for continuous improvement through cost saving projects.
- Driving supplier scorecard performance metrics: CTQ/Lean/PPM to achieve yearly KPI. Utilize DOE, process FMEA and other industry standard tools to proactively identify and address process risks and optimize process parameters
- Coordinate communication with supplier and internal cross functional team for supplier PCN review and approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing, process or quality role.
- Preferable in consumer good industry
- 5+ of experience in Quality Management
- Management experience preferred
- Fluent in English communication, both speaking and writing.
- Familiarity with typical electronic product launch phases (EVT, DVT, PVT etc.).
- Experience in consumer goods or home appliance industry processes and quality background is preferred.
- Management experience on contract manufacturers is also expected.
- Auditing experience in e.g. ISO9001 certified internal auditor or Lead Auditor Deep understanding about quality tools including PPAP, SPC, FMEA, MSA, APQP.
- Experience and familiarity with Lean Six Sigma.
- Certified Green Belt/Black Belt is preferred.
- Strong Leadership on management at supplier site and good cooperation with cross function.
- Strong problem - solving skills
- Able to work independently under high pressure and self-driven for development across different categories.
- Competitive compensation including employee equity plan
- Generous paid time off plan
- Medical insurance
- Better Yourself Wellness credit & Better Your Community donation matching
- Generous discount on Fellow products