The Manager for SMB Operations oversees a team of ambitious and driven people to scale our support for millions of small and medium sized organizations that use Stripe every day.
Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create business models, and scale their efforts globally. And we’d like your help.
Our ideal manager will help build the foundations for our SMB Operations team in Seattle to grow and develop. They will manage operations specialists that are focused on preventing top user pain points, optimizing our operational processes, and tackling our most complex user issues. This person cultivates the happiness of their team members while guiding them to be the best they can be, through setting team goals, along with providing feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. The SMB Operations Manager is also responsible for managing some operational projects on a larger scale, across our global operations in the US, Ireland, Japan and Singapore.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to design and manage a scalable operations team focused on helping our users scale and succeed
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences.
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance.
- Maintain metrics and analysis of team performance, and provide regular reporting on team performance in the form of written analysis and performance reports.
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- Direct people management experience ideally in a high-growth environment.
- Experience with creating processes and workflows that scale to reach (hundreds of) thousands of users/customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions.
- A keen interest in pursuing people-management as a vocation.
- Prior experience with performing the core work of a support team, with a high bar for quality of same, and a willingness to lead by example.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders; i.e. project management and collaboration skills.