You are passionate about the customer experience, technology, and can lead a team of technically savvy folks to greatness. You enjoy coaching others on how to do their best work, you love implementing process improvements, and don’t shy away from providing direct feedback to leadership. You model the “player/coach” and are willing to roll up your sleeves and help your team.
About the Role
Airship provides Customers with technical guidance and expertise via our Technical Account Management and Technical Consulting teams. The Lead Technical Account Manager is responsible for helping coordinate the deployment of these crucial resources to ensure Airship’s Customers have the best experience possible. The Technical Lead will be responsible for delivering training and implementing processes to help the teams be more efficient and provide better, faster service to Customers. The Technical Lead will also work closely with the Account Management and Strategic teams within Customer Success to plan for resource allocation and escalation of issues related to Customer technical issues.
- Coordinate customer activities with Customer Success leadership. Ensure that all customer projects are properly allocated with the right technical resources.
- Act as the day-to-day lead ensuring a high level of responsiveness if issues arise.
- Provide metrics as established by department leadership to track and report team activities and associated issues.
- Provide world-class support by taking ownership for customer challenges from initial contact to deploy including troubleshooting, assisting with Quality Assurance, and ensuring that the customer understands any needed changes on their end.
- Partner with the Engineering and Product teams to escalate resolution of customer issues as needed.
- Write documentation, knowledge base articles, and tutorials to improve the customer experience of Urban Airship products and services.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance process of current and new products/services and work frequently with product and engineering teams to address opportunities and product enhancements.
- Interface with customers in final stages of contracting with Sales to gather, collect, and document technical, product, and contract requirements regarding the customer's purchase(s) of Airship’s products.
- Contribute to the development of Technical Account Management policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of technical client-facing experience
- 3+ years of experience leading technical client-facing teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical roles
- Comfortable as an escalation path for customer and team member issues
- Able to efficiently relay information to leadership with regards to challenges facing your team
- Time and resource management expertise
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies
rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.