At Forge, we know our team is our greatest asset. As innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has nearly 400,000 registered users, including over 123,000 accredited investors. Private shares have traded in more than 400 companies since inception, representing over $10 billion in volume across 19,000 transactions with buyers and sellers in 70 countries. Through its custody offering Forge Trust, the company has approximately $14 billion in assets under custody and about $600 million of cash across 1.9 million customers.
Needless to say, our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way.
We are looking for a Manager of Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting who will be responsible for researching, documenting, communicating and implementing processes to ensure Forge is compliant with relevant statutory and regulatory guidelines.
- Lead technical accounting and external financial reporting. Oversee external reporting requirements including GAAP financial statements and SEC filings (Form 10K/10Q, Proxy, and others)
- Analyze new accounting pronouncements to determine their impact on the Company and assist with their implementation
- Prepare detailed accounting memos to support the Company’s accounting positions documenting conclusions and accounting treatment
- Work cross-functionally with other groups and monitor business activities to ensure timely identification of accounting and financial reporting matters
- Understand implications of contemplated transactions and recommend solutions to help achieve accounting outcomes
- Partner with Legal and HR to manage the Company’s equity compensation plan and oversee accounting for stock-based compensation, including the valuation, recording, and reporting of stock-based compensation expense
- Maintain EPS calculations
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your areas of responsibility, including designing and implementing internal controls over financial reporting compliant with SOX
- Coordinate with Legal, other Finance team members, external auditors and tax providers
- Lead or assist with special projects, which may include mergers and acquisitions
- Licensed CPA with 6 or more years of accounting experience including Big 4 audit/advisory experience and progressive experience working on technical matters
- Strong expertise with GAAP, SEC reporting standards, and accounting policy
- Working knowledge of SOX controls
- Advanced communication skills, specifically technical report writing. Experience dealing with complex accounting matters in a public company environment
- The ability to work cross-functionally to obtain all relevant facts, understand business requirements, articulate accounting requirements and communicate conclusions
- Industry experience in fintech and/or financial services preferrable
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, timeline management skills, and attention to detail
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong with Word and Excel
- A desire to work in a fast growing, exciting and agile business
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.