Our China business is undergoing a strategy transformation that centers on creativity and innovation to deliver value to our artists, underpinned by a future fit organization that allows us to scale as we compete effectively and strengthen our position in China.
In this position you will develop, drive, and deliver Columbia label's vision and value proposition in China, and you will report directly to the CEO, Greater China as a member of the Greater China Leadership Team.
You will develop Columbia China's roster of domestic established and emerging artists, and strategize to take their careers to the next level. You will also work with other Sony Music labels in Greater China and external partners within China’s music ecosystem to create and execute successful campaigns that will help the artists reach new audiences, especially Gen Z.
You will be responsible for achieving revenue and profit targets by securing new business and partnership opportunities for Columbia China local repertoires, resulting in business growth, increased consumption, and market share.
What you'll do:
Develop the Label and our artist roster:
- Build and roll out a creative and artist centric value proposition for Columbia China. Sign and develop domestic super stars and emerging artists in Greater China and assist them in reaching new heights of their musical development.
- Expand the label’s roster and facilitate creation of local content by driving local A&R acquisition and development opportunities while keeping an artist first approach.
Drive accelerated, sustainable business growth and innovation:
- Articulate Columbia China's strategy and business plan in alignment with Sony Music Greater China's vision. Be accountable for business, financial, and people metrics.
- Play an active role to maximize commercial performances and to collaboratively deliver on regional and global objectives & initiatives.
Build strong relationships with the internal and external music ecosystem in China:
- Manage relationships with existing and potential artists, managers, internal and external stakeholders in the China music ecosystem.
- Establish and enforce appropriate governance structures to promote compliance and transparency in business dealings.
Build a future fit label with a winning culture and ways of working:
- Create a future-proof organization that anchored in creativity and innovation.
- Maintain an artist-centric, inclusive, and high-performance culture that allows our People to grow and develop.
Who you are:
- A dynamic and experienced leader with a strategic mindset and strong business ethics, who has a proven track record of managing and growing a business of similar scale.
- Proven success in signing local superstar artists in Greater China, with extensive local networks including relationships with production houses.
- Deep knowledge of the market including distribution and licensing deals structure in China.
- Artistic Vision: Ability to create a vision for the artist and to translate it into a tangible and holistic value proposition that maximises the artist's relevancy and marketability.
- Commercial acumen: Consistently applies ingenuity, strategic thinking, and discipline to discover, prioritize, and realize revenue opportunities for Sony Music
- Leadership: Builds and leads high performing, resilient and diverse teams. Unites and mobilizes effective teams around a common purpose with space to grow through feedback and coaching
- Strategic decision making and action: Leads and makes timely decisions with the bigger picture and long-term vision in mind i.e., Takes care of the business today while actively preparing for tomorrow
- Bilingual (Chinese & English)
- Experience in the Greater China region would be a strong competitive advantage
What we give you:
- An opportunity to influence the strategic direction of our China business
- The ability to be innovative and have an impact on the domestic music industry in China
- An inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you can fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.