Quanergy is Inc. is a privately-held Silicon-Valley-based technology company leading the development of 3D-LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D perception, including object detection, tracking, identification, classification and mapping. We are disrupting the LiDAR space, and accelerating the growth of the IoT ecosystem with more affordable, better performing, and smaller LiDAR sensors.
Job Title: Managing Director, Europe
Department: Worldwide Sales/Business Development
Region: United Kingdom or Germany
We seek a growth minded leader with passion and dedication to manage our sales and business development effort in the Europe region. The Managing Director Sales & Business Development will be responsible for leading our Europe team and promoting sales of our advanced LiDAR sensors and solutions to customers, end users, and channel partners. Our ideal candidate will be an expert in consultative sales who uses her/his deep knowledge, excellent communication skills, and organizational expertise to delight customers, work efficiently with internal constituents, and manage our Europe regional team. The ideal candidate demonstrates passion and enthusiasm, with a self-confident disposition that resonates with customers, partners and colleagues. She/he must be willing to travel in the assigned territory and spend time as needed with customers and partners. As Quanergy’s ranking corporate representative in the region, gravitas, effective presentation skills, and strong personal presence are essential to success in this role. A competitive compensation package including base, bonus, and stock options will be awarded to the successful candidate.
- Establish and exceed assigned revenue and funnel goals, including accurate and timely forecasting.
- Hire, manage, retain, and develop regional Sales & Business Development team; deploy assets for maximum ROI.
- Build a “demand creation”, solution selling sales culture, with focus on opportunity funnel development that ensures execution to multi-year revenue goals.
- Manage existing accounts to expand revenue, introduce new solutions, enhance margin, and build long-term strategic partnership.
- Identify and engage new customers - develop sales strategies, deliver compelling proposals, and close opportunities resulting in new revenue streams.
- Monitor business activities and competitors’ actions within the region, while implementing Go- to-Market strategies to gain share and expand Quanergy’s brand presence.
- Provide pre-and post-sale product consulting, technical support, and service to key customers - on-site, via phone, web-meeting, and email.
- Work closely with other regional heads to manage multi-national account strategies.
- Provide timely feedback to management concerning delivery schedules, product acceptance, new product requirements, emerging opportunities, and challenges.
- Work collaboratively with engineering and R&D to develop winning solutions and manage cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Attend trade shows and conferences to support customers and stay abreast of industry developments.
- Responsible as Quanergy’s lead fiduciary & legal representative in the region, accountable for P&L and corporate compliance.
- Willing and able to travel >50%.
- 5+ years’ experience directly managing a sales team in Europe, preferably with a multinational company.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Proven results managing channel partners and complex business development ecosystems in Europe.
- Demonstrated ability to design, communicate, and execute major account strategies resulting in multi-million-dollar revenue achievement within Europe ecosystems.
- Experience with optical systems and image processing solutions is a plus.
- Experience with European automotive OEMs and Tier 1’s is highly desired.