BuzzFeed is looking for a Managing Editor to be a part of one of the fastest-growing media companies in the world. The ideal candidate will be obsessed with team management, organization, and data insights, and have a strong understanding of BuzzFeed’s pop culture and lifestyle content. We’re looking for someone to work closely with the Editorial Director and senior managers to help manage and strategize for a team of over 100 people.
The position is based in our NYC office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention a super-collaborative, fun, and creative work environment.
- Help manage and oversee day-to-day operations for 100+ person team, including several direct reports
- Oversee publishing of team’s content on BuzzFeed.com
- Work with management to identify staffing needs and organization structure
- Collaborate across departments on budget, staffing, and policies
- Help with general editorial calendar and operations
- Use data reports to identify areas of growth and development
- Help oversee editorial workflow and process, tracking major cultural events, stunts and new initiatives, and special projects
- Provide support and help coordinate large-scale programs and features as we continue to grow
- Coordinate coverage with BuzzFeed’s other editorial teams and outlets
- Assist with other administrative and management duties
- Experience managing people, content, schedules, and budgets, ideally at a startup or other online publication that works with a variety of content and editorial formats
- Must possess very strong analytic, strategic problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Understanding of basic data and traffic metrics
- Sense of humor, emotional intelligence, and patience
- The ability to take the perspective of others
- A positive, curious, playful disposition
- No haters!