WHY WORK FOR US?
Catena Media offers a fully remote workplace in North America, with no physical office to report to and the tools you need to do your job provided at your home. We also boast one of the top vacation and holiday plans you'll find in the US or Canada, a best-in-class retirement plan, robust health care coverage, wellness benefits, and more.
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The Managing Editor for Evergreen is responsible for the Evergreen operations and maintenance of the casino / sports betting content for one of our Hero brands. This includes creating new content, collaborating with the news team, managing internal and external writers and maintaining existing pages and rankings. You will work alongside multiple teams, including but not limited to SEO, Reviews and Revenue.
- The Managing Editor for Evergreen is part of a dynamic team focusing on the growth and expansion of legal gambling in the US.
Primary responsibilities and job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Research new opportunities and develop content ideas and briefs to support organic growth and brand strategy.
- Work with the Brand Content Manager to develop a content plan that aligns with short and long-term goals
- Work directly with in-house and external writing resources.
- Review and edit all Page content for accuracy, intent, tone and objectivity.
- Edit and update resource and revenue pages as needed or directed by the SEO team or key stakeholders.
- Ensure proper SEO best practices and formatting is used for all content, including but not limited to internal links, headers and basic on page optimization.
- Work closely with the Revenue team and assist with operator updates across key pages in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and collaborate with key stakeholders in a professional and friendly manner
- Participate in discussions with the content team about ongoing reports in developing and future markets
- Be receptive and use feedback to improve performance and increase proficiency
- All other duties as assigned by Brand Content Manager and key stakeholders.
Google Analytics, SEO & Growth
- Monitor site performance and rankings while continuously improving key pages.
- In collaboration with the SEO team, provide updates on search terms and results.
- Monitor traffic and revenue leads using weekly site reports, Google Analytics and Search Console.
TO DO IT, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the US gambling market, with a focus on affiliate marketing.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and work as a team.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and principles.
- Experience working in WordPress, creating drafts, editing, and publishing content.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- The ability to work under deadline and consistently produce high-quality work.
This position is 100% remote. Must be available regular business hours in your evening and/or weekend work on occasion. Must possess a stable, high-speed internet and working cellular telephone. Must be able to routinely perform indoor work with minimum noise levels. Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to plan and direct the work activities of self and others. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence, naturally or electronically and may include adaptive aids. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 8 hours per day. At times, occasional evening and weekend work may be required. Must be capable of travel by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities, as may be occasionally asked to travel to sites or events. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Catena Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, who believes in diversity in the workforce.
The job description doesn't imply an employment contract, nor is it intended to include every duty, task, or instruction for which the employee is responsible. Other tasks may be assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor's request.
Below you will find some of the perks and benefits we will offer you as a future employee at Catena Media North America:
Fully remote work environment
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
401K plan for USA
RRSP Plan for Canada
Online fitness training classes
20 days vacation
Wellness & volunteer days
Flexible office hours