Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
As the Editor of Q’s content destinations, you’ll be responsible for building Q’s editorial strategy from the ground up. A member of the Q Marketing team, you’ll design a content experience that will establish Q as a brand that helps companies run their offices well. Leading this vertical will require a sharp editorial sense, a creative approach to content, and superior organizational skills. If you think you have what it takes, keep reading!
- You have experience owning, driving and managing the editorial process from start to finish...from article ideation to a beautifully executed version online or in print.
- You’re whip smart with copy, a grammar fanatic, and couldn’t be more excited to help the world learn how to run an office well.
- You’re no stranger to multi-tasking...you’re able to manage multiple deadline-driven projects and wear multiple hats where necessary.
- You look for autonomy and want to build something big. You own your responsibilities and look for opportunities around you to grow the company even faster.
- Report to the Director of Marketing and work with the Q Marketing team to design, launch and build the content marketing strategy, aimed at building brand awareness, driving thought leadership and acquiring qualified leads for company growth.
- Own the brand voice and editorial strategy. Create content across multiple formats, including articles, infographics, videos, checklists and more.
- Build and manage a network of contributing writers, create and manage the overall production timelines, and keep all content contributors on deadline—all while also rolling up your sleeves and regularly contributing your own stories to the site.
- Manage the process of building the content calendar, assigning content to writers, coordinating with design, fact-checking and editing all content prior to publishing.
- Collaborate with teams both inside and outside of Q to generate a continuous stream of high-quality content ideas for Q’s content destinations.
- Create metrics for content reach and engagement, monitor through regular reports and recommend adjustments to the content strategy based on insights gathered, and with an eye towards Q’s keyword and SEO strategies.
- Ensure all external content maintains a high level of quality, features a consistent tone and style, and supports and reinforces key messages for given Q’s target audience.
- Manage partnerships with contributing writers and properties who can drive audience development
- You have 5+ years experience in a high-output, high-pressure editorial environment.
- You have proven experience in writing and editing high-quality long- and short-form content across numerous formats.
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Marketo a plus
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG