Managing Social Media Editor
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is seeking a brilliant, funny, and dedicated social media editor to grow our accounts, work with our data team to identify and communicate the results of our projects, and adapt BFMP content to mobile-first social platforms. The perfect candidate will have professional experience in social media and proven success in growing accounts with an innovative, playful approach.
This is a full-time salaried position in our Los Angeles office, and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Oversee and innovate within the production of content native to social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Vine.
- Manage and grow a team of social media editors
- Collaborate with video producers (Tasty, Nifty, Top Knot) to make cool stuff for social media
- Coordinate BFMP social media accounts and increase their growth
- Work with the business analytics team to develop and distribute analytical reports to the BFMP team about how our audience is engaging with our content on social media
- Facilitate new account creation and account access
- Come up with and execute new crowd-sourced projects to engage with our community
- Find creative ways to adapt BFMP’s content and mission to emerging platforms
- 2-5 years of professional social media editing experience
- Experience with real-time analytics
- Obsession with social media in all forms — Instagram, Vine, Tumblr, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and why the most popular stuff on those sites became popular
- Have a demonstrated ability to identify attributes of things people share
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
Interested candidates should include the following to apply:
- Links to your social media accounts such as a Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, or personal blog. DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT SUBMITTING LINKS TO SOCIAL MEDIA PLEASE!
- A few short paragraphs explaining why you'd be a great fit for this particular position and how your experience fulfills the requirements listed above.
- A resume.
- Links to any published written work if available.
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 200M.