Summit Truck Bodies supplies high quality service truck bodies, lube truck bodies, lube equipment and other specialty bodies and accessories for the field service industry. Using leading edge design and manufacturing techniques each one of our bodies is built to customer specifications with our proven body mount system to ensure satisfaction of usability, rigidity, strength and safety. We are looking to add a Manufacturing Process Engineer Intern to our team to assist the Policy and Procedure Supervisor. This position is going to assist in ensuring that all truck bodies, lube equipment, and accessories meet the company expectations of usability, rigidity, strength and safety. This person will accomplish this by using leading edge design and manufacturing techniques developed to ensure each one of our bodies are built to customer specifications and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with production and engineering to evaluate process flow
- Monitor manufacturing processes including assembly, paint, and welding
- Create/author work instructions and update drawings
- Refine and optimize manufacturing methods
- Oversee time motion studies
- Oversee work analysis and work design
- Continually work to recommend and implement positive change throughout the organization.
- Use experience as a positive force to mentor others in the organization
- Help educate and train staff.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Will be within plant environment
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED, currently enrolled in Engineering program
- Valid Driver’s License with good standing MVR
- Experience with AutoCAD, ISO 9001
- Knowledge of Hydraulics and electronics.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Candidates must be a motivated individual who can work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
Date Posted 09-14-2020
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.