The Manufacturing Test Engineer is responsible for the ongoing development and support of eero’s manufacturing test production line infrastructure for all eero hardware products. eero’s manufacturing test system is a Linux based internationally-distributed system consisting of an interactive application. eero’s manufacturing test processes will continue to evolve to support radio calibration for international markets, high speed network features, RMA functional test, and to support future product capabilities. A passion for continuous process improvement is required to continually reduce cycle time and increase test coverage by using production and field data to make design decisions.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Own factory test sub-system at FATP; Develop software ecosystem consisting of physical test controllers, big data reporting systems, cutting-edge security certificate management, and cloud infrastructure
- Define test strategies and limit implementation, analyze new product testability and deliver test solutions to support the new product introduction process at eero’s manufacturing partner
- Automate a wide variety of processes, using techniques such as virtual test environments, automated optical inspection, radio validation, electrical testing, interoperability assessment, and robotics automation
- Compile and analyze production test data using automated and exploration / visual big data analysis techniques
- Drive factory test quality improvements and test savings through corrective actions by monitoring functional test yield and leading weekly in-region calls with factory.
- Guide the hardware; test fixtures are the vehicle to interact with DUT. Ensure fixture design is aligned to cost, scale, and schedule.
- Travel to Asia to deliver test solutions to manufacturing partner and work with In-Region counterparts at CM to help triage and resolve issues
- Introduce test processes, monitor functional test yield and take corrective actions to drive continuous smooth production
- Expand the current Python test software code base for next generation products
- Provide feedback to eero Hardware and Software/Firmware development teams to ensure future products are designed for efficient and high quality manufacturing
Minimum required skills & traits:
- 3+ years of software programming experience in a Linux for machine controllers
- Experience with RF products will be a plus
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Experience programming in Python
- Needs to have experience with Linux, git, and all of the standard UNIX command-line tools
- Is familiar with a production factory facility for Final Assembly, Test, and Packout (FATP)
- Natural bias towards documentation; use of defect tracking systems (Jira) and Document control (arena)
- Familiar with agile development methodology
- Mandarin skills a plus
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written and technical communication in English