Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Region: Sunnyvale, CA
Role: Manufacturing Test Software Engineer
Quanergy is a privately-held Silicon-Valley-based technology company leading the development of 3D-LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D perception, including object detection, tracking, identification, classification and mapping. We are disrupting the LiDAR space, and accelerating the growth of the IoT ecosystem with more affordable, better performing, and smaller LiDAR sensors.
Develop complete Architecture for automated test solutions using Python script and see through to final implementation. This includes hardware communication interfaces such as RS232/485, USB, GPIB and Serial Interface. Creation of tools and services for reporting and monitoring of test automation platforms that are human friendly. You will solve problems as we scale up production while practicing continuous improvement techniques to avoid repeated issues. You will also work on standardizing data collection modules, which are integrated with the automated tests, to push clean data to a centralized web-based data warehouse for robust analysis.
- Development and implementation of automated test solutions.
- Creation of tools and services for reporting and monitoring automated test platforms, and the data they produce.
- Automation using hardware communication interfaces such as RS232/485, USB, GPIB, Serial Interface, networking protocols, and embedded systems.
- Problem solving as necessary during automation scale up and production with final resolution to avoid recurrence.
- Closely work with internal and external teams to create new application software.
- Create development and implementation plans with project timeline.
- Regular communication of project progress at least on a weekly basis.
- Create test software process flow documentation.
- Timely delivery of end products and features through collaboration with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality teams.
- BS EE or CS or Equivalent degree
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a regulated manufacturing and engineering environment.
- Expert proficiency in Python is a must, MatLab is a good plus.
- Proficient with Windows and Linux OS.
- Architect, develop, and implement automated test solutions.
- Experience automating communication with general hardware interfaces such as RS232/485, USB, GPIB, Serial Interface.
- Experience working with embedded systems and networking protocols(TCP\UDP).
- Experience with threading and GUI development.
- Capable with Agile development methodologies.
- Writing re-usable, testable, and efficient code.
- Experience in manufacturing process is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and time management skills required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Flexible to handle directional changes and proficient at running multiple projects at once.
- Performs well in a high-pressure, fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Optional/Plus basic understanding of math, physics, electronics, or optics.
- Optional/Plus experience with image processing technologies.