The Manufacturing Test Software Engineer is responsible for the ongoing support and development of eero’s manufacturing test software infrastructure for all eero hardware products. eero’s manufacturing test processes will continue to evolve to support radio calibration for international markets, RMA functional test, and to support future product capabilities. A passion for continuous process improvement is required to continually reduce cycle time and increase test coverage by implementing best practices and using production and field data to make design decisions.
What you'll do:
- Own a full stack software ecosystem consisting of physical test controllers, big data reporting systems, cutting edge security certificate management, and cloud infrastructure.
- Expand the current test software code base for next generation products
- Suggest new processes to enhance overall efficiency
- Develop test suites that span design verification, manufacturing test, failure analysis, quality test, reliability test, repair/refurbishment at the board, functional, system, and ecosystem levels
- Provide feedback to eero Hardware and Software development teams to ensure future products are designed for efficient and high quality manufacturing
- Travel to Asia and within the US to deliver test solutions to manufacturing
- Implement test code and execute component qualification, design verification, and system validation as needed
- Compile, assess and analyze production test data using automated and exploration / visual big data analysis techniques
- Enable production of localized eero products for international markets
- Help drive best in class robotics to control test fixtures and test measurement systems.
- Manage eero manufacturing test functionality at contract manufacturing and RMA suppliers sites
- Introduce test processes, monitor functional test yield and take corrective actions to drive continuous smooth production
- Communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives within eero and OEMs
We're looking for someone who:
- Engineering background with good knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes; experience with RF products will be a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science or BS in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with a strong CS focus
- MS degree is a plus
- Experience programming in Python
- Basic understanding of networking setup and WiFi protocols
- Needs to have experience with Linux, git, and all of the standard UNIX command-line tools.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written and technical communication in English
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.