The YouVersion MarCom Web Developer will manage the marketing and communications technology stack to deliver communication campaigns to engage the YouVersion Community.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
What You'll Do
- Manage the MarCom (Marketing & Communications) technology stack, including mobile marketing automation software, blog, and web platforms.
- Design and build data flows and automation between MarCom systems, interfacing with YouVersion engineering teams.
- Understand the growing technical requirements of each platform, adjusting setup as needed based on changes and new developments.
- Translate the design of campaigns into a technical build across dozens of languages, including email, push notification, web, and blog channels.
- Write complex, multi-nested logic to send campaigns to the required audience.
- Create custom templates and landing pages using HTML, CSS, among others, based on campaign design across multiple platforms.
- Set up the technical parameters and rules of the user journey that best meet the objectives in collaboration with stakeholders on the Marketing Team.
- Recommend user journey segmentation based on the technical capabilities of platforms and knowledge of user engagement objectives.
- Ensure journeys and transactional messages are sent as designed, monitoring for errors or anomalies in the data.
- Assist in the setup and data flow of other teams' systems and platforms as needed across the YouVersion Marketing Team.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Knowledge and experience in at least one programming language.
- Familiar with API programming.
- An understanding of digital communication channels and their requirements.
- Ability to learn various content management and MarCom platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to see a mistake from a mile away.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Strong ability to communicate well, written and verbally.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.