At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Market Operations Associate to join our team at the Chicago Vehicle Service Center. In this role, you will provide hands-on support working on high-impact, cross-functional solutions to create the best experience possible for our drivers and riders. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, like tackling aggressive goals, and want to be part of the next big thing at Lyft, we would love to meet you!
This role requires a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset and willingness to support wherever needed. One day you may be strengthening university partnerships by enhancing the safety of pickups and drop offs for students on campus, the next you may be executing a plan to reduce citations at the airport.
- Plan, budget, launch, and manage operational initiatives for the entire Midwest territory. This includes owning the operational side of large events and venues, special projects, key partnerships, airports and managing day-to-day communications with external stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of internal partners - managing laterally is a critical part of this role.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative operational data using spreadsheets and other analytical tools to make data-driven decisions.
- Deep dive into the data to gather insights in order to help identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Implement and support growth initiatives in the territory, such as new launches and pilots.
- Uphold the Lyft core values while working with drivers, external partners, and cross-functional teams.
- Roll up your sleeves and get stuff done. No one can be counted on to execute faster or better than you.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in strategy or operations preferred
- Strong problem solver: You not only effectively, creatively, and quickly solve complex problems, but you gain buy in from stakeholders in order to sustain your solutions as well
- Excellent time management: You are able to prioritize multiple competing tasks and projects by assessing urgency and importance
- Always a team player: You're positive, optimistic, and willing to help out wherever needed
- Self-directed and organized: You have a bias for action while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and feedback, as well as open to seeking out support in order to successfully carry out tasks and see projects to completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and extreme attention to detail
- Proficient with tools such G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc) and Excel
- Basic SQL skills preferred
- Business development/partnership management experience preferred
- Experience with Process Improvement methodologies is a huge plus, but not require
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.