Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events. At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Join our world class digital marketing team at Fanatics! Our team uses detailed measurements to execute and optimize our digital marketing and advertising strategies. The team is a significant growth driver for the company and is proud to push the envelope through innovations using a test and learn approach. To scale at a global level, the team utilizes best in class technology, machine learnings, and deep analytics to identify and push growth opportunities from our investments. The team also ensures that our customers have not only relevant, but the best experiences through data personalization.
Fanatics, Inc. is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to join our digital marketing team. The Marketing Associate will provide basic market intelligence to various emarketing channels. This includes understanding of our brand and competitors across all major leagues and performing basic competitive analysis through web searches. This is a great opportunity for a passionate, fast learner to join a high growth company and learn from a team of talented and analytical individuals on how to provide and distill information through web searches. The individual will have the chance to learn about different emarketing channels from a world class team, be trained on analysis and insights, and work on highly visible, strategic projects. The candidate must enjoy creating reports and analyzing search trends on a daily basis. The ideal candidate would be familiar with concept search engine marketing or has experience working with major search, social or display re-targeting platforms. They should be highly analytical and goal oriented. The candidate should also like working in a fast paced environment and enjoy keeping up with pro and collegiate sports.
· Perform basic research across the internet for competitors in the market
· Track, trend and analyze brand and trademark infringement incidents across platforms
· Collaborate closely with members of the management teams to establish a strategy and process for effective brand protection and competitor monitoring
· Digitize findings, process data, tag and label key attributes identified by team leaders for future use
· Publish reports and prepare presentations on competitive analysis to be reviewed senior leadership team
· Work closely with VP of eMarketing as well as other managers to talk through competitive landscape and findings
· Assist with search advertising efforts around major sporting events and holidays to generate and optimize sales
Education and Experience Requirements
· General knowledge of search engines (Google, Bing) and major social networks (Facebook, Twitter)
· Great written and verbal communication skills
· Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office products- especially PowerPoint and excel
· Basic knowledge of SQL
· Strong commitment to learn digital marketing techniques and strategies
· An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
· A self-motivated individual and good team player
· Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work
· Comfortable engaging with senior executives and leaders
· Ability to learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment
· Ability to change focus easily and multitask
· Willingness to dedicate time outside of normal business hours to help launch advertising during major sporting events (i.e. College National Championships, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, etc.)
· Bachelor degree preferred
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.