, we're building the sales communication and collaboration platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry in sales automation—helping companies to close more deals, faster than ever. Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~50 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator that will be instrumental in supporting our team with content production, promotion, and the optimization of our marketing workflow. This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong writing, research, and organization skills.
Equal parts creative and strategic, you’ll support our marketing team with the creation and dissemination of marketing materials. What you don’t know, you’ll openly admit, but then you’ll get to work figuring it out (asking others for help and/or digging deep on your own). Your self-motivation and relentless drive to learn are appreciated by all.
You understand your critical part in the overall machine, graciously accepting thoughts and feedback from others while offering your own expertise where you can. You pride yourself on being “overly communicative” -- keeping everyone up to date with the latest product marketing wins, losses, and initiatives. A ‘growth mindset’ approach is applied to everything you do.
You excel working remotely on small teams with a high level of autonomy. You can devise your own schedule and effectively manage your workload based on the biggest opportunities and company objectives.
You are in a North American time zone.
Above all, you understand that your success—and our success—hinges on the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers.
- Drive traffic and brand awareness by identifying and executing on content marketing promotion/distribution
- Drive initiatives to get Close content linked to and/or included on external sites
- Share Close content in relevant online communities
- Identify and connect with influencers in our space for promotion
- Alert brands and individuals that are featured in our content
- On-the-ground execution of social strategy across multiple channels: Write/publish social media posts
- Respond and/or route customer and prospect inquiries
- Be a brand ambassador by engaging and interacting in relevant online communities
- Seek out opportunities to partner with external brands (for both content and product initiatives)
- Work alongside Content Marketing on the creation of blog and resource content
- Repurpose existing content into alternate content types (resources, blog posts, videos, etc)
- Update existing content marketing collateral for better search visibility/recency
- Stage, QA, and publish all blog posts on our content management system
- Collaborate on the creation of marketing materials to support our website, content marketing, email, and other campaigns
- Undertake research initiatives -- wide-ranging, including but not limited to competitor analysis, database building, and thought leadership
- Put our weekly email newsletter together and ensure it goes out on time and without errors
- Own data entry projects as needed
- Work alongside the Director of Marketing to ensure that all tasks, priorities, and timelines are well organized and properly assigned (via our project management platform)
- Create templates for repeatable campaign types and marketing processes, optimize over time
- Create and maintain documentation for marketing campaigns (and results), marketing best practices, and marketing processes
- Maintain a directory and inventory of sales and marketing collateral, ensuring accuracy and organization
- Field requests for marketing assistance from other business units (Sales, Success, People, etc)
- Ensure all marketing expenses are tracked and reported
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms
- Bonus points if you’ve built or managed an online social community in the past (business or personal)
- Expert level English writing skills -- with the ability to adapt writing styles for different channels and audiences
- Online research skills and the ability to synthesize quickly into reports and briefs
- Adept at using Google Workspace tools (Docs, Sheets), Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop)
- A positive world view — you enjoy collaborating and others enjoy collaborating with you
- Super high energy and the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to dive into projects with minimal oversight
- Communicate clearly and confidently - written and verbal
- Comfortable — and highly capable when — working remotely
- Highly motivated to learn and grow within the company
- Prior experience working within a lean, scrappy team a plus
- Front end code (HTML/CSS)
- Email marketing platforms
- Design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
Culture video 💚
- 100% remote-first company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video) - when travel is appropriate
- 4 x quarterly virtual summits
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
Our story and team 🚀
We are a small team doing great things - every role is critical to the success of this company. People that are most successful at Close have a resourceful, “doer” approach and mentality. We focus on productivity, impact and quality of work. We’re looking for team members that genuinely understand the nature of being part of a small team that operates in a bootstrapped / start-up-like environment.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Life-work harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another (however we’re opting for quarterly virtual summits during 2020/2021). We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community. This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 14 babies (and counting!).
Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.