Our mission is to connect the world’s photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
500px is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join the 500px Marketing & Product Operations team. The ideal candidate will have experience with photography, the photography industry, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), and excellent writing skills.
Reporting to the Director, Product Operations & Marketing, they will be responsible for writing and scheduling social posts, assisting with photo competitions (Quest) conceptualization, creation, and curation, managing editorial calendar, and working with external writers. Additionally, they will work closely with the brand manager on on-site photo curation, creation of social assets, and executing on campaigns.
What you'll be doing:
- Work collaboratively with the brand manager to execute digital strategies, schedule assets on social media, and drive awareness and growth of the 500px brand
- Assist the marketing team to ensure campaigns & product launches are communicated effectively on all social channels
- Support tracking and report performance of social channels & assets
- Run tests and report on successes to optimize social posting schedule, assets, engagement, etc.
- Own the organization of all digital assets used for social
Assist brand manager with curating Editors’ Choice
Work with brand/community manager to create a strategy and execute for Quests that increases submissions and supports marketing objectives
- Shortlist Quests submissions and judge various Quests where needed with the assistance of the brand/community manager
- Work with external vendor to coordinate blog post topics that are engaging and interesting within the photography industry
- Manage the daily blog editorial calendar
- Stay up-to-date with advertising trends, tools, emerging platforms, and competitors
What the ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum 2-3 years working in social media with experience working in photography or photography related field
- A related degree in digital marketing or visual arts
- Thrives in a digital space with an eagerness to learn and adapt to current trends
- Strong writing and editing skills are a must
- Strong creative research skills
- Ability to translate various sources of data into actionable insights that inform both social strategies and planning
- Photography experience is a must
- Experience with Figma or Adobe Suite preferred
- Experience with user generated photography preferred
- Ability to discuss photography with professional photographers
- An active and strong curation eye
Bonus points for:
- Being a member of the 500px community
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Great health and dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager
- Case study: we'll ask you to complete a business challenge, and then share it with us to review
- Team interviews: 2-3 hours on Zoom where you'll e-meet multiple members of our team
We believe diverse teams perform better, and we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
500px welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.