Reporting to the Public Relations Specialist, the Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for generating original content designed to engage diverse audiences for print, digital, and social media platforms, and for managing marketing events and special projects to support PRX. The Marketing Coordinator will be focused on driving PRX audience growth and engagement around our high-quality podcasts, broadcasts, and corporate brands. The Marketing Coordinator will also help build and grow PRX’s influencer program and partner with our network of podcasters to grow their brands and audience. In addition to PRX’s marketing and production teams, the Coordinator will works in collaboration with business development, public relations, and distribution to ensure timely and effective communications for internal and external constituents.
The Coordinator will work to develop various public relations and promotions tactics and track and build relationships with critical influencers and press. They will be responsible for maintaining the PRX.org, PRI.org, PRX Productions and any additional social media platforms. The Marketing Coordinator will provide detailed engagement and competitive intelligence reports to best equip marketing, business development, fundraising and ad sales with the materials needed to help grow revenue for the network. To be successful in this role, you will build and maintain cooperative and consultative relationships between PRX and its podcasters and producers. We’re looking for someone who is action oriented, proactive and motivated to build strong continuity between PRX and its producers to support our program and podcast portfolio with regular and consistent follow-up and a drive to make our hosts and producers your number one priority.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships by handling questions and concerns of internal staff and affiliated PRX producers with speed and professionalism; aplpy best practices; create new assets supporting PRX’s portfolio of programs
- Working with the Public Relations Specialist, develop key messaging for PRX and all associated brands.
- Collaborate with distribution team onboarding new programs and collect relevant marketing materials (ie brand assets, logos, production schedules, bios, other related press links, media clips, etc)
- Assist Public Relations Specialists with Q & A opportunities, AMA’s and other interactive engagement events
- Assist in the development of key relationships with influencers and mission-aligned organizations in the space.
- Understand how best to prioritize numerous issues of varying severity and resolve issues within accepted service levels.
- Working with the Audience Insights Analyst, build out database with important information about PRX portfolio; identify trends and areas of concern with peers and management.
- With Public Relations Specialist, establish and build out KPIs to identify impact marketing strategies while building and maintain media lists.
- Working with Public Relations Specialist to explore ways to build stronger engagement with audiences (press and influencers).
- Develop and implement exceptional online and offline marketing campaigns geared toward consumers, integrate email, social media, websites, brand awareness and listener loyalty program.
- Develop and distribute creative and tool kits for PRX stakeholders.
- Conduct ongoing reporting, performance analysis, and projections on campaigns
- Keep up to date and share weekly reports on public media landscape.
- Experiment with paid and affiliate marketing tools to better measure the efficacy of our promotional efforts.
- Work with Creative Services manager to develop marketing assets
- Collect assets from producers and partners and establish system to ensure teams receive episode descriptions, photos, audio files and promotional materials by established deadline.
- Develop excellent relationships across teams; brainstorm, prototype, and test new and creative marketing strategies.
Education & Experience:
- Experience navigating marketing plans and creative strategies
- Understanding of traditional and non-traditional marketing
- Experience running social media accounts and growing engagement and audience
- 2-3 years marketing and social media experience and a passion for both
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and other graphic design/basic audio and video skills are preferred
- Think creatively and analytically to create and test cutting edge marketing activity
- Ideally, position is based in Boston, Massachusetts
Skills & Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter; unafraid to learn emerging platforms
- Proactive and highly organized with ability to appropriately assess and respond to time sensitive deadlines
- Stellar grammar, copyediting skills and strong writer required
- Strong spoken and written communicator with the ability to develop creative, clear, and concise storytelling for a variety of audiences
- Sense of humor and commitment to a culturally-inclusive language and images; the ability to move quickly; and a love of working with creative individuals preferred; love and passion for podcasting and public media preferred
- Proven collaborator with ability to work across teams and varying levels of management required
This position is based in Boston. PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country, and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.